PDA

View Full Version : tennis in Boston?

sixtwo
05-18-2004, 01:06 PM
I am going to move from a Houston suburb to work in Boston. I am used to play about three times a week on very nice community courts for free. My sense is that this habit will be harder to keep and more expensive.

Where should I live (to make tennis playing easier) and what kind of court time can I find? Are there leagues in Boston? Is it easy to find public courts, school courts, and clubs? Is there a link to find players in Boston?

Do people in Boston play tennis?

Thanks,

Sixtwo

perfmode
05-18-2004, 02:08 PM
I play tennis for my school @ sportsmen's tennis club in Dorchester but there are public courts scattered all over the city.

borisboris
05-19-2004, 11:11 AM
:lol: My tennis buddy & I were visiting last summer & scouted the city for some courts and stumbled across Harvard University's outside cts by the football stadium. We just walked on - it was in Aug - but they didn't mind.

NMTennis
05-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Difficult to find courts in Boston itself. I live in Brookline and there are scattered public courts around. Same for newton and other suburbs ( Newton north has nice lighted courts!).

As above, harvard does have some nice outdoor courts across the river from the main campus (across from the business school, next to the football stadium). Bus, but not T, accessible. Easy to gets courts. No lights.

Hope this helps...