PDA

View Full Version : Top spin (kick) serve follow through

JeffH1
09-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Right hand. I've seen this done both ways. Some follow through to their left side (like a normal 1st serve) and some to their right. I find it easier to follow through to my right side, where after impact, my racquet ends up pointing down on my right side. Not really sure if there is a right or a wrong way. Your thoughts?

Prince_of_Tennis
09-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Sounds right. Is there someway you are able to take a video or at least pictures of you serving? I posted some videos of myself serving some kickers you can look at that for some reference.

kabob
09-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Right hand. I've seen this done both ways. Some follow through to their left side (like a normal 1st serve) and some to their right. I find it easier to follow through to my right side, where after impact, my racquet ends up pointing down on my right side. Not really sure if there is a right or a wrong way. Your thoughts?
Watch closely. People that end up with their racquet hand to the left are doing the same thing you're doing. But rather than keep their racquet pointed down, they continue the stroke and tuck the racquet into their body.