PDA

View Full Version : andreev style forehand...

mark1
09-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Yea so this is definately the same exact motion i use to hit my forehand. Clearly i am only a 4.0 so his is much bigger/better than mine. I was watching a davis cup tie between croatia and russia and kept hearing the commentators remarck that andreev has a very potent forehand when he has enough time . I find that this is very similar to myself as well. When i can setup and crack it inside out it can be lethal. However, on balls that are very high or very close to the baseline i have trouble getting a good quick "wrist snap" that i rely on to keep the ball from sailing on me. If anyone has ever watched his stroke on the forehand side i think it is clear what wrist snap i am talking about. Is there anything i can do other than the obvious prepare earlier to eliminate this problem? BTW semi western grip... :?:

Marius_Hancu
09-28-2005, 03:55 AM
you might want to have a look at my posting
Forehand Issues
in the Sticky thread at the top of this forum

Ash Doyle
09-28-2005, 05:43 AM
you might want to have a look at my posting
Forehand Issues
in the Sticky thread at the top of this forum

Marius, you should change your name to "Sticky Thread Referrer".

Anytime, you feel you don't have time to get setup to hit a shot, I'd say 99% of the time it's a footwork issue. I'd be careful with that "wrist snap". On groundstrokes, that can lead to some serious errors.

Marius_Hancu
09-28-2005, 06:11 AM
Marius, you should change your name to "Sticky Thread Referrer".

I am in the process of just doing that.

Now, I really think many people just aren't aware of what's there, serious stuff.

mark1
09-29-2005, 01:07 PM
anyone else??? checked the sticky and it kinda helps i guess...im just trying to have better preparation as well as help on higher shots...

Marius_Hancu
09-29-2005, 01:14 PM
anyone else??? checked the sticky and it kinda helps i guess...im just trying to have better preparation as well as help on higher shots...

better preparation would help, perhaps you don't execute the takeback loop sometimes, under pressure

on higher shots flattening the ball would be preferable, thus the takeback and esp the compression and the rotation parts should finish higher, close to the higher level of the ball