PDA

View Full Version : Who knows which racket Henin is using??

martin
05-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Does anybody know which racket Henin is using. I've heard she's using the Hyper Hammer stretch 5.3 without customizing except for the powerholes. I can hardly believe this b/c of the ligtweight.
There must be someone who really knows. I recently sold my ligtweight rackets because i want to improve but now it seems that you can play just as good with a light racket. So is it just a mental thing then??

bfonz7
05-18-2004, 08:43 PM
in an earlier post, someone mentioned that when they saw heninhardenne play they complained a very loud pinging sound. she definately uses a power holes racquet, not sure which one for all we know it could be completely custom for her game.

if i had to guess its probably around 12 oz. with power holes, and a swing index of about 5.5-6, 95 inch head

Will
05-19-2004, 03:25 AM
She siad on her website that she has been using the same racquet and string for ages, so Im guessing its either the 5.3 or the one Farina- Elia was using but with Powerholes

Will
05-19-2004, 03:25 AM
said*

Lefty Spin
05-19-2004, 11:22 AM
I always thought she was using the 6.4 powerholes racquet. the racquet came in a midsize and oversize. The midsize was 95 sq. inches and I think 27.25 inches which is similar to Henin's racquet. I think Serena actually uses a painted version of the oversize 6.4. It was the racquet she used when she won her first grand slam.

The 6.4 mid was actually a sweet racquet. It was slightly lighter than the 6.1 but had real good pop. About four or five years ago I played a practice match and I used the 6.4 in the second set. I won both sets 6-1 but my opponent and I agreed that I was getting great power with the 6.4. I never switched to the 6.4 partially because stringing the powerholes was an absolute terror.

Swan Song
05-19-2004, 07:02 PM
I know that the Japanese 5.3 had PowerHoles, but I do not know about the Euro version.