PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen to you too?

ktncnttl
09-28-2005, 11:33 AM
I have found my forehand grip shifting towards Western unconsciously. (BTW I have decided to give my 1H forehand another chance.) A few years ago I was somewhere between Eastern and Semi-Western but now it is between Semi-Western and Western. My grip changed without my knowledge, I had to look at the grip to find out.

snowpuppy
09-28-2005, 01:43 PM
yes, but for me it when from eastern to semi-western. Actually i am not big on grips as i never really believe in changing them (kinda like the McEnroe style). But as i've gotten a lil bit better I started understanding that it does help a bit. So yea that's my piece.

GrahamIsSuper
09-28-2005, 02:22 PM
I used to use a continental before I started playing heavier hitters. Against players who hit with depth and heavy topspin, the western, at least in my opinion, is the easiest grip to use in dealing with it.

jayserinos99
09-28-2005, 09:13 PM
yeah, it happened a long time ago for me. i was using a western grip and then from hitting more topspin i went to a western grip. i wish i can go back to an eastern grip full time but it'll take time.

Tennis Ball Hitter
09-29-2005, 02:32 AM
I have also noticed that I am regualarly using the semi-western instead of the Eastern which I still believe I use. With the illongated handle shape of head racquets it actually is very easy to go from continental to eastern to semi western. And it takes a bit more concious effort to go to the eastern BH and western FH.