PDA

View Full Version : Tennis shirt big = better focus?

mattlikovich
02-26-2004, 04:09 AM
Hey guys!

I got our team tennis shirt, and its a little bit too big in the neck, its a m in adidas. Do you think if I worry about it and constantly fix it, it would help keep my mind of off my errors and stuff like that? Do you think it would help keep me focused or should I just get another smaller one?

thanks

matt

ma2t
02-26-2004, 07:33 AM
I think if you constantly have to fix it, it will be a distraction. The last thing I want to be thinking about during a match is my shirt!

C_Urala
02-26-2004, 08:44 PM
on the other hand, constant fixing it can build a ritual for you. And in turn, such ritual (it's like bouncing the ball before the serve) can help to keep the concentration. It's not the shirt itself, it's how you feel about it.

SuperDuy
02-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Bumping this thread. I also cannot play with a shirt that is too big on me, keep the focus on trying to fix the shirt and not the game. Its a wonder how Roddick can do.

obtn
02-03-2011, 03:40 PM
lol, this thread is ridiculous :)

dlk
02-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Wow, this was revived from the depths. But an interesting thread. I never really thought about it, but I like my tennis gear to fit kind of snug, but my larger outfits don't bother me.

skiracer55
02-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Hey guys!

I got our team tennis shirt, and its a little bit too big in the neck, its a m in adidas. Do you think if I worry about it and constantly fix it, it would help keep my mind of off my errors and stuff like that? Do you think it would help keep me focused or should I just get another smaller one?

thanks

matt

...if you need something to distract you, just tape a photo of Angelina Jolie to the side of your racket...

dozu
02-03-2011, 06:35 PM
the only thing worse that a too-big shirt is a too-big underwear.

TheBoom
02-03-2011, 06:39 PM
...if you need something to distract you, just tape a photo of Angelina Jolie to the side of your racket...
Or he could put a poster on either side of the net on the fence lol :)

Sreeram
02-04-2011, 09:15 AM

That will be perfect distraction. Try it for your team. :))

Fuji
02-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Bahaha I cannot play with "tight" fitting shirts at all. I like them loose and comfortable. Ala Roddick... Just kidding, it's not THAT bad, yet. I just really enjoy the feel of a bigger shirt. I wear a medium-large in normal shirts, but in tennis and work out clothing the smallest size I will go is a large, if not XL depending on the style.

-Fuji

Djokovicfan4life
02-04-2011, 04:46 PM

Better than too-small underwear.

Mick
02-05-2011, 01:45 PM
lol, this thread is ridiculous :)

haha. common sense says if you think it is too big, get a smaller one :)

alidisperanza
02-05-2011, 02:55 PM
on the other hand, constant fixing it can build a ritual for you. And in turn, such ritual (it's like bouncing the ball before the serve) can help to keep the concentration. It's not the shirt itself, it's how you feel about it.

Hmm... didn't work for Roddick:cry:

+1.

New customization for frames much?

bwahahahha nice

Just go out and play with it for a bit-- most likely by the third ball you won't even notice it. (whoah, nvm I just realized the OP was from 2k4)

ProgressoR
02-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Certainly if a cute female was wearing a tight top it would be distracting, perhaps not to me but to other male players.

only4theweak187
02-06-2011, 01:09 AM
roddick fiddles with his shirt inbetween and DURING points lol, keep an eye on him in rallies, he'll f with his sleeve during baseline rallies heh