PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you can win every match?

donnyz89
09-28-2005, 04:40 PM
even if u are outmatched? do u think nothing is impossible? or are u like me when i see im playing the #1 seed whos ranked top 30 in the state, i automatically think about my consolation round plans???

nViATi
09-28-2005, 05:34 PM
even if u are outmatched? do u think nothing is impossible? or are u like me when i see im playing the #1 seed whos ranked top 30 in the state, i automatically think about my consolation round plans???
if you think that way how will you ever win? you always gotta believe in yourself. Do you think agassi goes out to play federer thinking "i'm gonna lose i'm gonna lose!!!!!!"? Cheer up!
be confident

Rickson
09-28-2005, 06:17 PM
I haven't even dropped a set in singles this year so yes, I believe I can win every match.

tennismx
09-28-2005, 06:19 PM
i threw a penny in a fountain and wished to win every match

supersmash
09-28-2005, 07:24 PM
Never say never. Sure, it's gonna be tough, but what's the point of tennis?

Exile
09-28-2005, 07:40 PM
It is possible to win every match, and if you are playing with a 4 year old, you will win every match. Other than that, you are able to beat Rogi if he is having a really really bad day.

jayserinos99
09-28-2005, 08:15 PM
if i'm overly matched, it just makes it that much more fun. i like the challenge. i know that as long as i focus on what i need to do, hey who knows what may happen?

Tennis Ball Hitter
09-28-2005, 09:13 PM
if your winning every match maybe its time to move up ... unless your Roger

matchpoints
09-28-2005, 11:32 PM
I've got a wild card event this weekend and you bet I'm thinking about winning every match! I'm not handing no match to no one. They better be prepared for a long battle. This unless you're Federer then you can cream me, but I'm still not backing down one bit.

Btw, if you're already thinking about consolation rounds, then don't even bother showing up. What's the point of a challenge then?

Koaske
09-29-2005, 03:11 AM
I try to win every match , of course. What if high-ranked player has a bad day and your own game is very good on the particular day? You never know what's
gonna happen in a tennis match, so one should always think of ways how to beat even the hardest opponents.

Tim Tennis
09-29-2005, 04:41 AM
I've got a wild card event this weekend and you bet I'm thinking about winning every match! I'm not handing no match to no one. They better be prepared for a long battle. This unless you're Federer then you can cream me, but I'm still not backing down one bit.

Btw, if you're already thinking about consolation rounds, then don't even bother showing up. What's the point of a challenge then?

You got to love that attitude. Good luck in your match, have fun.

Geezer Guy
09-29-2005, 09:35 AM
I'll admit that if I know ahead of time I'll be playing against a player with a higher NTRP than me, I will have a problem. I usually win against my own NTRP level, and I've beaten several players at higher levels when I didn't know their level ahead of time. However, if I know their level is higher than mine before I begin the match, I just don't seem to play as well. I don't construct points well, always try to go for too much on my serves, clank my easy volleys into the net, etc. It's a mental problem I have to work on.

mistapooh
09-29-2005, 09:52 AM

MATCHPOINTS, is this at Arlington Tennis Center on the 1st? If so, then I'll make sure to see you there!!!!!!

tennis-n-sc
09-29-2005, 09:56 AM
I don't think about winning or losing, regardless the opponent. I try to think about playing smart, tough tennis to the best of ability. When I leave the court, I want to know that I left all I had on the court, given my ability and limitations. I seldom have regrets over a match. I win some and lose some because it is a game. A great game.

JeffH1
09-29-2005, 11:01 AM
I usually don't play the opponent. I usually play the ball. But yes, I do feel that I can return everything, chase down everything and hit where I want to hit....even though it doesn't always work out that way! When I loose, internally I don't feel like I was outplayed, I just feel like I didn't convert well. Externally, I'll tell my opponent that he played well, but on the inside.....

Nuke
09-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Never say never. Sure, it's gonna be tough, but what's the point of tennis?

Well, for me, the point is having fun and getting some exercise. If I can win some of the time, so much the better. A losing day at tennis is generally better than a winning day at work.

jagmeister
09-29-2005, 11:36 AM
It's great to have confidence going into every match but you can't live in fantasyland... you will not win every match. There are players out there that will simply blow you off the court, regardless how well you play. The more reasonable approach is to go into every match believing you can play to the best of your ability.

Skppr05
09-29-2005, 11:54 AM
yes, i can destroy everyone i meet, come and face me, i will BREAK you......NOT =]

Geezer Guy
09-29-2005, 12:32 PM
I s'pose you could say you "win" every match if you...
have a good time, or
get a good workout, or
play to the best of your ability, or
learn something, or
win more sets, or finally ...
get a fit chix phone number.

matchpoints
09-29-2005, 01:36 PM
MATCHPOINTS, is this at Arlington Tennis Center on the 1st? If so, then I'll make sure to see you there!!!!!!

yeah, are you playing in it? my first match is at 11am against someone i have been practicing with lately. kinda weird since we work at the same tennis place....I'm the only one from New Braunfels so be sure to say hi.

mistapooh
09-29-2005, 04:39 PM
^Hell no. I'm not good enough. I'm still in high school, but our number 1 is going to play in it. I get off at 12 and I'm going to break the speed limit going to ATC!!! I'm pretty exited, so I hope you dont get any "matchpoints" before I get there...AHAHaHah.....

matchpoints
09-29-2005, 07:40 PM
^Hell no. I'm not good enough. I'm still in high school, but our number 1 is going to play in it. I get off at 12 and I'm going to break the speed limit going to ATC!!! I'm pretty exited, so I hope you dont get any "matchpoints" before I get there...AHAHaHah.....

What's his name? btw, don't speed, it ain't worth it. (this is coming from someone with many many tickets)

Talent
09-30-2005, 05:13 AM
You've got to go into every match with that same belief and mindset. Eye of the tiger baby!

mistapooh
09-30-2005, 11:58 PM
What's his name? btw, don't speed, it ain't worth it. (this is coming from someone with many many tickets)

I don't think you will play him, his match starts at 1. His name is Jason.

Clayplay
10-01-2005, 04:20 AM
i treat mostly every opponent the same, i play their shots, not their name. But i have a mental problem against 1 person, and that's the only person i will verse playing their name and not their shots. LOL.