PDA

View Full Version : Natural Gut + Luxilon

jda
02-26-2004, 05:28 AM
I would like to try mix Natural Gut with some good syntetic (Luxilon for example). What is your opinion about this idea? Witch way is better:
1. Luxilon mains with Gut cross
2. Gut mains and syntetic cross
What about tension: the same for both or more/less for gut/syn ?
The idea is to get Natural Gut feel and touch with increased durability. Is it really works in practise? Maybe someone has some experience?

Jhon Peter
02-26-2004, 05:43 AM
My experience much better
syntetic mains with Gut cross

Rabbit
02-26-2004, 08:33 AM
You can do it either way, it just depends on what you're looking for. The mains in your string job account for the vast majority of the feel of the string job. The crosses don't play as big a role. So, if you are looking for a more Lux-like string job, put Luxilon in the mains. Benefits there are increased control. Benefits from gut in the crosses are a softened string job and maybe a little additional pop on the ball.
If you put gut in the mains, you will get the benefits from gut plus a little firmer string job.

kalle
02-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Rabbit is dead on. You might want to try the Klip X-Plosive. I have heard really good things about it.

prostaff
03-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Rabbit,

If you use gut as main, and syn. as cross. How is the durability compare one piece gut? Last longer? Thanks!

Gaines Hillix
03-22-2004, 05:13 PM
prostaff, a hybrid with gut in the mains and a syn gut in the crosses will retain 80-90% of the feel of the nat gut. The biggest advantage to this is in cost. It is just as durable as an all gut job and with solid core syn gut costing about $3.75 a set, the job is about 1/2 the cost of a full gut job.

bendover
03-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Might as well get NXT + synthetic gut.