PDA

View Full Version : low hitting cheap slices

Skppr05
10-01-2005, 04:40 PM
thanx for the input on my open stance serve question. Just played an important match and lost. Not because of my serve, but because of the way my opponent played. Hes a tall guy, prolly around 6'1'' but lacks speed and power. What he does instead is to imploy this cheap slice shot for EVERY HIT!!!!! :mad: what should i do next time i play him?

fist pump
10-01-2005, 05:15 PM
early preparation, good knee bend , you dont want to kill the ball - you just need to place shot per shot and create . you can also try to draw him in ....

a lot of it also comes from onwhich grip you use. harder to get low slices with western and Sw grip.

golden chicken
10-01-2005, 05:42 PM
serve and volley

GrahamIsSuper
10-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Hahaha, I did that same thing to a kid in a match today...I chipped short with slice, since he was a bigger guy who couldnt run fast, and then just passed him. Eventually he stopped coming to net though :( no more fun. Then I started hitting dropshots every other shot. He got pretty tired.

The ones he got to, he was watching my prep early and moved in some in anticipation, I suggest you do the same.