PDA

View Full Version : TW Demos and stringing

MTXR
10-02-2005, 07:08 PM
I noticed on the demo i have that there are 4 knots. What way of stringing is this? On my other racquets that my friends strings for me there is only 2 knots.

I am guess that the demo will hold tension much better. Also i noticed that the strings don't move on the demo vs my other racquests that my friend strings.

Is there a place to learn this technique?

nViATi
10-02-2005, 08:09 PM
I noticed on the demo i have that there are 4 knots. What way of stringing is this? On my other racquets that my friends strings for me there is only 2 knots.

I am guess that the demo will hold tension much better. Also i noticed that the strings don't move on the demo vs my other racquests that my friend strings.

Is there a place to learn this technique?
it is a 2 piece stringing pattern. the main advantages are
easier to string ( less string to work with on mains)
you can hybrid (different strings for mains and crosses)
silent partner has a good guide for stringing
http://www.sptennis.com/stringer.asp#Ready

supersmash
10-02-2005, 08:09 PM
It's a two piece.

MTXR
10-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Is there a way to tell what strings were on the demo? I really liked it and there were no markings on it. The demo was to bloomington, MN

Ncode nsixone tour 90

Masamusou
10-07-2005, 09:35 PM
I believe TW uses multifilaments in their demo's, for the ncode 90, probably one of the NXT strings (just a guess on that).

zenit
10-07-2005, 10:04 PM
I believe TW uses multifilaments in their demo's, for the ncode 90, probably one of the NXT strings (just a guess on that).

not true, i have had 2 demos strung with polys

Masamusou
10-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Like I said, I could easily be wrong, All the demo's I've gotten from them were all strung with multi's. All were strung with NRG2 (granted the latest was about a year ago)

MTXR
10-07-2005, 11:19 PM
It was some gray color strings.

nViATi
10-08-2005, 06:54 AM
It was some gray color strings.
maybe some luxilon. was it really stiff?

TW Staff
10-08-2005, 09:13 AM
We don't use poly in our demos. Most of our demos are strung with a premium multifilament, such as NXT Max, NRG, X-Cel, Premier Softflex, etc. From time to time, a manufacturer will send us strung demos but I don't recall ever receiving any with poly strings. Regarding the stringing method, some racquets are strung 1-piece (2 knots) and some are strung 2-piece (4 knots). Usually, this is dictated by the manufacturer to reduce stress on the frame during stringing by having the crosses installed from top to bottom. Don/Tennis Warehouse

MTXR
10-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Umm, i really don't know if it was stiff or not but i was getting crazy power off the strings... it could be luxilon because i just got a 6.0 85 in with some luxilon and its gray but the demo was a bit grayer.

I really dont know how a stiff string plays vs a soft one. I hven't tried to many strings...

ace of spades
10-09-2005, 06:42 AM
Umm, i really don't know if it was stiff or not but i was getting crazy power off the strings... it could be luxilon because i just got a 6.0 85 in with some luxilon and its gray but the demo was a bit grayer.

I really dont know how a stiff string plays vs a soft one. I hven't tried to many strings...
Luxilon wont give you mad power, its probably a premium multi as the staff guy said

MTXR
10-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Yeah its definitely not luxilon, i just played with the newly arrived 6.0 and its definitely not the same, i will have to try out NXT.