PDA

View Full Version : Go T-Wolves!

tykrum
05-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Through with the Kings, going for the California double next round! Seriously, KG just reached Pantheon status, to quote the Sports Guy from ESPN.com's Page 2. Some of you must enjoy basketball like I do, what are all of your predictions? Man, I just realized that the next two weeks, with RG on TV and T-Wolves games too, just might be some of the greatest sports watching weeks of my life.

waterpro
05-20-2004, 07:56 AM
Being originally from MN I have to go with the Wolves. I was not a popular person yesterday as I am now living in California and my house was full of Sacremento fans. All I can say is MVP. Even though the sports announcers after the game predicted the Lakers will beat the Wolves, I still have to go with the Wolves. Home team pride baby!

I am also predicting a West Coast title. Whoever wins the Wolves/Lakers game will dominate the remaining East Coast Teams and take the Championship. The East Coast just isn't as strong this year.

atatu
05-20-2004, 09:10 AM
KG was huge. I really don't care who wins, as long as it isn't the Lakers, but, let's face it, they do have the two best players in the league.

Kevin Patrick
05-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Don't really have a rooting interest, just like good b-ball. I have a feeling that if Minnesota gets by the Lakers, they may suffer a letdown in the Finals. Don't count Indiana out. Also, has anyone won the championship after never having won a playoff series(like the twolves might this year)?

Colpo
05-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Maybe I sound like an old man here, but how does one root for KG the player the more one knows about KG the man? This jerk's probably one of the top five players on the planet, a hero to millions of kids who hang on each word he says, and he's popping off about "joints with silencers" and "pumps"? GUY, YOU MIXED IT UP WITH ANTHONY PEELER, GET OVER IT! For all his millions, he's clueless when it comes to his influence and the responsibility that goes with it.

Lakers in 6 and 5 the rest of the way.

aceindahole2K5
05-20-2004, 03:31 PM
colpo.......your off base here...... im from minnesota and get to see a lot of KG, he is a very positive figure in the community here, and his comments were off base, but it is a case where an athlete just goes overboard on competitive adreniline, Kellen Winslow's, "Im a {fricken} soldier" comment also comes to mind here. Garnett is a well liked individual in the state, and honestly, id rather have a guy on our team go off on a misguided rant then have a superstar who actually COMMITS crimes with weapons, or has narcotics issues, or beats his wife, or kills guys, or rapes young women......wolves in 6

tykrum
05-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Right on, aceindahole2K5. I'm also from MN, and KG is really a positive guy that just got a little too worked up. He also profusely apologized. If we are going to talk about bad role models, there's much much worse people to look at, off the court and on the court. Besides competitive and adrenaline induced tirades like that one, I think he is one of the better role models in the NBA, with his team first mentality and overwhelming drive to excel. But anyway, I could have told anyone the Pistons would dominate tonight, not like it matters though. Wolves in seven back at the Target Center, and then in 6 over the Pistons. Where are you from anyway Ace?

aceindahole2K5
05-21-2004, 04:32 AM
im from south central minnesota, down around Mankato and all that what not, you?

PHSTennis
05-21-2004, 07:40 AM
I dont know LA LAKERS !!

tykrum
05-21-2004, 11:20 AM
I am from SE MN, Winona. U of M during the school year. If you go/went to one of those Mankato HS, I might have played you before. Send me an email at krum0056@umn.edu if you did.

cheezecake
05-22-2004, 12:34 PM
LAKERS ALL THE WAY!!

perfmode
05-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Maybe I sound like an old man here, but how does one root for KG the player the more one knows about KG the man? This jerk's probably one of the top five players on the planet, a hero to millions of kids who hang on each word he says, and he's popping off about "joints with silencers" and "pumps"? GUY, YOU MIXED IT UP WITH ANTHONY PEELER, GET OVER IT! For all his millions, he's clueless when it comes to his influence and the responsibility that goes with it.

Lakers in 6 and 5 the rest of the way.

Who cares about what he said. Stop hating.

Colpo
05-24-2004, 07:28 AM
perfmode, what's with the box quotes of my stuff - you're giving me a big head over here! What a cop-out: "stop hating." Classic two-word non-dismissal that tries to act as a substitute for any real addition to this discussion. I repeat: "joints with silencers", "pumps", and "tecs". The guy's been in the NBA for ten years already, isn't it about time he left the street corner behind? Ha! Do you have an opinion on that, or should we just ignore it and have no opinion? Maybe you'll hate on this: Pedro in Pinstripes for the next three years!

waterpro
05-24-2004, 08:01 AM
Even if the Wolves lose, I hope the Lakers lose. They are a bunch of whiny babies. They also remind me of the NFL when the Washington Redskins tried to buy a championship a few years back. Two key players take huge pay cuts just to come to LA to get a ring(Payton/Malone). Come on get real, that isn't real ball, that is stacking a team just to get a ring. Hell, why don't we bring back jordan and add him to the LA lineup and give him the league minimum. I hope Malone and Payton get injuried. Then I hope they are traded to crappy teams or forced to retire. That serves the little babies right. I hope they never get a ring! I don't care who wins as long as it isn't them!

aceindahole2K5
05-24-2004, 06:25 PM
im gonna need to hate on the pedro thing too man..........RED SOX NATION FOREVER!!!!!!