PDA

View Full Version : Which racquet is Agassi usin, Snauwert, 96'/I or Lm Radical?

djones
05-20-2004, 08:31 AM
All the different posts are confusing me about which racquet Agassi really is using.
Some say it's some old Snauwert, others mention the 96" yellow Radical, the I Radical or a Liquid metal custom Agassi.
If it's the Liquid metal, wouldn't it be nice to sell in stores as the Liquid metal Agassi?

Swan Song
05-20-2004, 10:10 AM
For all you guys saying that he using a Snauwaert, what model is he or was he using? I only know that he was using a POG OS(also with a Donnay paintjob), Radical Tour, and Twin Tube Radical.

@wright
05-20-2004, 11:41 AM
I was one of the people who thought he used the snaewert ergonom. It was definitely the most far-fetched of the conspiracy theories...

@wright
05-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Find a pic of an ergonom and you will see what we mean.

Swan Song
05-20-2004, 10:09 PM
Can someone show me a picture with Andre playing with an Ergonom?

Datacipher
05-20-2004, 11:28 PM
For all you guys saying that he using a Snauwaert, what model is he or was he using? I only know that he was using a POG OS(also with a Donnay paintjob), Radical Tour, and Twin Tube Radical.

Why do you say he was using a POG painjob instead of a Donnay. I never saw this.

He did very briefly (1 tournament) play with a blackened POG with a donnay logo on the strings, during the transition to Donnay. But then he appeared to use the Donnay for 3 years.

PhatAbbott
05-21-2004, 06:21 AM
I have a snauwaert in my house with NOT FOR SALE painted on it. Im 90% sure hes still using this racket make on the tour. You may think it would be an imposible paint job, but they are so well done you would only be able to tell up close.

chad shaver
05-21-2004, 06:48 AM
ROFL

Swan Song
05-21-2004, 09:06 AM
Why do you say he was using a POG painjob instead of a Donnay. I never saw this.

Datacipher, I am sorry to spoil your party, but I have evidence of Andre playing with a POG paintjob.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jmcloitre/Images/Look/Pubs/autres/pub_1988_prince02s.jpg

There is also a picture of Sabatini.

BDAZ
05-21-2004, 11:03 AM
he's using a POG "paintjob" in that pic because he's actually using a POG.

Datacipher
05-21-2004, 11:41 AM

Datacipher, I am sorry to spoil your party, but I have evidence of Andre playing with a POG paintjob.

There is also a picture of Sabatini.

UH...yeah...lol....you "spoiled my party".... it is indeed a POG and as such has a POG "paintjob"....as I'm sure the Prince advertisement notes....lol

But seriously....you do realize Swan Song that he was under contract to Prince until early 1989(your picture is from 1988) and therefore used the POG with the Prince logo on the strings. He then switched to the Donnay Pro One. I do believe he was playing with the Donnay Pro One customized for the three yrs he was under contract, except for that one tournament in early 1989 where he played with the diguised Prince which was obvious to everyone and an embarassment for Donnay. I even have articles describing the Donnay engineers and his father's efforts to develop the racquet and It would have been pretty obvious if he ever used a POG paintjob again.

http://www.retrokid.com/kicks/kicktionary/Misc/AirTechChallenge3/images/WhtGrn/Agassi.jpg

andfor
05-21-2004, 12:19 PM
The above picture is a "paint job"!

Swan Song
05-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Sorry, dude, I mean I've never played with a Donnay, but sorry for misunderstanding your statement. I have heard from somewhere that Andre used a Donnay paintjob on a POG, plus I do not know if they are from the same mould or what, but I only know that both of them have a 16x19 pattern.

What I really want to know is, can someone find me picture of Andre using a Snauweart.

Datacipher
05-21-2004, 03:27 PM
Sorry, dude, I mean I've never played with a Donnay, but sorry for misunderstanding your statement. I have heard from somewhere that Andre used a Donnay paintjob on a POG, plus

Oh, I see! I think whoever you heard that from was probably talking about that 1 tourney where Andre suddenly realized he did not like the Donnay, then showed up for a tourney with a POG painted black with a "D" on the strings. Of course it didn't fool anyone...Donnay rushed to meet with Andre and after much ado...remade the frame with extra torsional stiffness. After that I think it was the Pro One exclusively...as it looked exactly like it...and of course it lacked the crossbar of the POG.

I also have seen curious pictures from around 1998ish where Andre is wielding a blackened racquet with a crossbar! lol.....but it was "said" to be a Head prototype....that Andre was testing Titanium frames...eventually they released the Rad Ti. and Andre used the Rad Ti. paintjob.....but I have always wondered why Andre yet again may have been practicing with the POG...another confidence crisis or maybe wanted to go back to an old standard reference?

It's also annoying that I specifically remember Head reps putting in print that Andre was using the new lighter titanium technology to give/keep his edge ....when of course...he didn't go to a lighter racquet at all...

Swan Song
05-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Darn it! I forgot to mention one thing. When I said somebody told me that he was using a POG, I was going to say a POG with the bar cut off.

Datacipher
05-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Of course my theory is that Snauwaert actually manufactures a majority of the racquets for all the major brands including Prince and Head. Many are either disguised ergonoms or derivatives of that frame design.

andfor
05-21-2004, 06:50 PM
All pros use Erognoms that are painted to look like other racquets. The paint jobs are so good even the FBI can not tell the difference without sending the frames to their crimelabs in Quantico, VA. This is true just ask @wright.

Metzler
05-21-2004, 08:12 PM
His racquet is designed by President Kennedy from his office in the Parkland Hospital basement and built by the aliens in their Nevada desert underground production plant.

djones
05-22-2004, 02:44 AM
Why don't we just look up in the Las vegas phonebook (if he's still living there) and give Andre a call?
Easy as that!

Ash Doyle
05-22-2004, 08:03 AM
It's an ergonom. Pros don't use "paintjobs", it's just that racquets look different on television than they do in person. It's like in old westerns, how horses don't look like horses on TV, but cows do. So the actors rode cows, but on TV they looked like horses. When you see him play in person, you'll be like "yep, it's an ergonom.". You'll also realize Agassi is a 5'3" black man.

Datacipher
05-22-2004, 02:27 PM
Darn it! I forgot to mention one thing. When I said somebody told me that he was using a POG, I was going to say a POG with the bar cut off.

I hate to keep pointing this out but this doesn't make sense to me either. The crossbar is not cosmetic. If Donnay engineers cut off the bar (and were able to maintain frame integrity) the racquet would play nothing like the original POG. Why would Agassi want to play with that? Unless they remold the remaining frame to play like the original POG in which case you don't really have a POG at all...you have a Donnay Pro One....

Swan Song
05-22-2004, 05:21 PM
I guess that's what they did, but again one has to check a Pro One that they have and look closely at Agassi's who knows what the world's complicated and like from REM's song, "It's the end of the world..."

Lindsay
05-25-2004, 05:27 PM
Its hard to find a picture of Agassi with a Snauwert racquet because ITS PAINTED LIKE A LIQUID METAL! If it wasn't, he wouldn't be on contract with Head.

pstour90
06-08-2004, 05:44 PM
i dont know, but i thought it was weird that in a picture of him with his LM rad in tennis mag, he had lead tape at the 3 and 9 positions

galain
06-10-2004, 05:27 AM
I thought it was common knowledge that most of the pro's use painted Snauwaert Ergonoms.. .Even Johnny Mac used an Ergonom at one point painted to look like his 200G.

fantom
06-10-2004, 07:26 AM
This sure looks like it could be Agassi's racquet (under the paint).... http://www.woodtennis.com/wBosworth/ergonom3.jpg

@wright
06-10-2004, 07:41 AM
And Fantom ruins it for everyone who hadn't seen an Ergonom and thought we were telling the truth...

Rickson
06-23-2004, 10:42 AM
http://www.azimut2001.com/images/sfondi/sporttennis/agassi.jpg