PDA

View Full Version : i can volley and smash now

tennisboy21
10-05-2005, 01:09 PM
for years i havent been able to volley or smash because a stupid coach taught me the totally wrong way.
now i have mastered it and i have xecellent touch and stick on my volleys.

before i would always move my opponent around with my powerful groundstrokes but i couldnt come to the net so they always just managed to get the ball back and this frustrated me.

i lost to loads of players i was better than.
so how many levels or rating do you think i should go up with my new net game.

if you werent ever allowed to ever come to the net, how many levels would your game go down and what ranking would federer be if he wasnt allowed to get to the net, would he still be in the top 100

All Court
10-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Good for you. Nobody knows. Have you gotten used to approaching? Is your net game as good as you think it is in a real match? Have you only been volleying in the middle of the service box when most of your volleys will occur around the service line?

And for gods sake, nobody knows on Federer. There is no "what if", because it's not going to happen.

Sorry, I'm angry (my client got hit by a truck...), but still.

Burt Turkoglu
10-05-2005, 11:57 PM
....it's about time.....now bring it.....

Thanatos
10-06-2005, 04:27 AM
so how many levels or rating do you think i should go up with my new net game.

if you werent ever allowed to ever come to the net, how many levels would your game go down and what ranking would federer be if he wasnt allowed to get to the net, would he still be in the top 100

Play a someone who has a USTA NTRP rating of either 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, or 4.5. This will give you an idea of how good your net game is. Don't play someone who says, he's 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, or 4.5, but doesn't have a USTA rating. I find a lot of non-USTA players over-rate their games, which turns out to be a big disappointment for both parties.