PDA

View Full Version : Serves

EgYpTiAnMaTT91
10-05-2005, 05:43 PM
For some reason I CAN'T seem to get my serves in. It's really frustrating. I try to serve with a continental grip, but I can't get enough spin on it. Then I tried switching to something more along the lines of a semi-western grip, but it still doesn't work. I either hit it into the net or too long. And my toss is really inconsistent. Can anyone give me tips on how to improve my serve?

Thanks

supersmash
10-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Fix your toss. Throw it a little into the court.

All Court
10-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Change your toss. You can get more spin, and get a lot more consistent. The toss is everything.

It's likely you're tossing up with your wrist and fingers to propel the ball, and uncoiling from the elbow.

Toss with a straight arm, and try to sort of "push" the ball up. That's the best advice I've ever gotten.

Get a hopper and serve for a while.

cadfael_tex
10-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Ditto. Toss has always been my downfall. If you fix it, things will become much simpler. Or so I'm told ;)

nViATi
10-05-2005, 07:33 PM
there isn't really any single tip that can instantly improve your serve. all you can do is keep practicing it

Burt Turkoglu
10-05-2005, 10:52 PM
.....learn to serve with the continental....take a lesson if need be....videotape the lesson if allowed so you can review it before you practice.....practice, practice, practice. Use a video recorder to tape your serve practices....