PDA

View Full Version : TEnnis nub facts tell me!

dannyjjang
10-06-2005, 10:13 AM
1.What are leadtapes??, it improves ur racquet?, adds more weight on? is it legal in the tournaments?
2.Grips, most used grips?, i've used tourna grip, and found a broken babolat pure drive, and had a babolat pro team grip on, so i replaced it, and feels so good, is their any difference, will it reduce my skills or power since i changed my grip? what grip do u use?
3.strings, what are the best string, does it really matter?
4.how do u max out your speed on ground strokes? how do u improve it? i use semi western and i hit with my elbow tucked in, is that right thing to do?

TLE MEEE!

Thanatos
10-06-2005, 11:54 AM
1.What are leadtapes??, it improves ur racquet?, adds more weight on? is it legal in the tournaments?
2.Grips, most used grips?, i've used tourna grip, and found a broken babolat pure drive, and had a babolat pro team grip on, so i replaced it, and feels so good, is their any difference, will it reduce my skills or power since i changed my grip? what grip do u use?
4.how do u max out your speed on ground strokes? how do u improve it? i use semi western and i hit with my elbow tucked in, is that right thing to do?

TLE MEEE!

I would suggest using the SEARCH button for key words...lead tape, grips, etc. Do a little homework youself and if you can't find the answers, then we'll be more then happy to elaborate.

Return_Ace
10-06-2005, 01:18 PM

1. tape made out of lead?? depends if you like it??? yes???? yes????
2. tournagrip, yonex supergrap, wilson pro overgrip, technifibre players wrap???? grips affect your comfortability, not your game -.-'???? i use technifibre players wrap?????
3. well, its your preference, some say gut, some say hybrid???? does it matter? of course........
4. swing harder/faster??????get a coach????????yes?????????

I'VE DONE IT.....

shindemac
10-06-2005, 02:12 PM
2. Grips are mainly for comfort and to prevent blisters. When you're practicing serving for an hour or two every day... Some grips have more cushion, and are thicker. Some are easier to put on, and some last longer. Some affect the grip size which can cause the racket to slip more/less when hitting.

3. Yep, strings matter. It affects the amount of spin and durability. If you hit hard and off-center, it's better to go with a more durable string so you don't break it so often. As for best string, there is no best string and depends on your preferences and playing style.

4. Lots of posts on this. But to recap, use your entire body to generate power just like your serve. You wouldn't use just your arm for serving, so use your legs, hips, shoulders, etc. Post a video of your stroke, and I'm sure others will give you pointers.

supersmash
10-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Get a coach. Together, he'll teach you about grips and such.

All Court
10-06-2005, 08:21 PM
Keeping your elbow tucked in is essential. NOT tucked in as in extremely close to your body, tucked in as closer to the body than the forearm and not flopping out during the swing.

rilokiley
10-07-2005, 01:34 AM
lmao @ return ace. and as for your speed for your ground strokes, it's all about head speed, baby. all about head speed.