PDA

View Full Version : "Sponsorships"

MMkay5
10-06-2005, 05:29 PM
I know at an age like myself, 16, i cant get sponsorships, but how can you get "free stuff, if ud say" from companies

finesse15
10-06-2005, 05:34 PM
At your age you can get sponsorships. Most tennis companies have preferred player packages for juniors where you can get racquets, shoes, and apparel free of charge or at a discounted price. However, you have to be ranked a certain number sectionally or nationally to be considered (for Prince I believe it is Top 4 in the section or Top 200 in the nation)

MMkay5
10-06-2005, 05:53 PM
wat about like babolat, or nike, or adidas, or maybe even lacoste haha

GrahamIsSuper
10-06-2005, 06:27 PM
As far as I know, lacoste doesn't give junior sponsorships. Im not aware of many sponsored players on the pro tour, just the major ones. Even some pros don't have sponsors. Prince is pretty easy to get on the preferred player, babolat is notoriously friendly to juniors, too. Clothing would be a little harder to secure, I'd think.

scez
10-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Can someone post the qualifications for all the companies to get a prefered play sponsership please.

Matthew
10-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Has anyone ever heard of someone without any sort of ranking getting a sponsership? Lets say they sent in maybe a scouting video of sorts and displays a nice representation of their game and abilities - would that warrant any sort of sponsorship, or is the idea that you are playing in tournaments where the public is viewing you and you are "on the rise". I suppose the whole idea of a sponsorship is that people are going to notice you and want to buy the same equipment, right?

GrahamIsSuper
10-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Has anyone ever heard of someone without any sort of ranking getting a sponsership? Lets say they sent in maybe a scouting video of sorts and displays a nice representation of their game and abilities - would that warrant any sort of sponsorship, or is the idea that you are playing in tournaments where the public is viewing you and you are "on the rise". I suppose the whole idea of a sponsorship is that people are going to notice you and want to buy the same equipment, right?

Yes. That is why you need to hold a certain static rating usually before applying. They aren't just donating clothes/gear.

stc9357
10-07-2005, 04:06 AM
I applied at pk for my team and we got it. If your on a team and your team is good apply. We finished in te semi-fianls of state and our #1 doubles finised 2nd in the state. We decided against it though!

Mr.Federer
10-07-2005, 10:06 AM
My good friend is possibly gonna get sponsored by Yonex (badminton) and he's 15. So I don't see why not. You've got to send them your recent tournament results and ranking and also video footage.

legea_tennis
03-19-2006, 01:06 AM
I do not know how can i get an tennis sponsorship for equipment and for tournaments. .i am a Romanian tennis player.. ii 2005 year i was the second from my age!16 years. .Now i have 2 sponsors Kirschbaum Strings & Grips And an Romanian company who produce nutritional supplements Redis Nutritie. .bunt i need money to play tournaments and for my tennis equipment

Dunlopkid
03-19-2006, 06:29 AM
Can someone post the qualifications for all the companies to get a prefered play sponsership please.

Yea

jackabee
03-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Yes please! :)

Dunlopkid
03-19-2006, 07:02 AM
As I understand it, Babolat, Wilson, Head, and Prince all require pretty high USTA rankings. However, does anyone have a definitive word as to what smaller companies such as Pro Kennex and Tecnifibre require? Also, are Tecnifibre's arm-friendly rackets?

Jonnyf
03-19-2006, 07:28 AM
PK, will give you a contract anytime

Dunlopkid
03-19-2006, 07:32 AM
Jonnyf,

Thanks for the reply. How do you know? Do you have a deal with them?

300Gkid
03-19-2006, 10:52 AM
PK will give u one even if your not ranked? anyways how high ranked would u have to be to get a sponsership from volkl

Mr.Groundstroke
03-19-2006, 11:14 AM
völkl will ask you to send some footage... ranking isn't a high priority..

tennisnj
03-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Volkl also has a preferred player program package which you can DL from their website. You have to pay @ a discounted price to get a few racquets, bag & other accessories. That's what I'm currently enrolled in.

Dunlopkid
03-19-2006, 12:56 PM
How big of a company is Fischer? How easily do they give away sponsorships?

Dunlopkid
03-19-2006, 02:19 PM
PK will give u one even if your not ranked?

I wonder the same thing. I have a ranking, but it's not that great (top 110 out of 300). I did, however, play no. 1 singles for my highschool if that counts for anything sponsorship wise.

prestige18
03-19-2006, 03:35 PM
im from ontario, canada and i was wondering how high in the rankings i would need to get to be sponsored, my coach is sponsored by head but i dont know how he got that (we are out of touch at the moment), i would like to know for any company (racquet)

Dunlopkid
03-20-2006, 07:00 AM
Volkl also has a preferred player program package which you can DL from their website. You have to pay @ a discounted price to get a few racquets, bag & other accessories. That's what I'm currently enrolled in.

I tried to do this; however, no pro shop anywhere near me was an "authorized Volkl dealer."

jackson vile
03-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Anyone can get sponsorship from anywhere. When I used to compete in bodybuilding I would go to my gym and other business I knew and they would pay for all my costs. They get to write it off, get some word, most of all they are excited and want you to win and want to be a part of it also.

As for larger sponsorships you can either A)wait for them to come to you and good luck with that or b) you can make up a portfolio ie various photos ect a resume of winning/placings, also other life accomplishments, interesting biographical points, helping the needy and/or handycapped ect.

The question is how bad do you want it, you can either make it happen or just dream ie there are losers and there are winners and winner don't dream.

Most young people just aren't realistic they just think great things will just somehow happen to them.

Then there are prefered player forms you can get from any tennis company by simply call them and asking for that form.

vamosrafa15
03-21-2006, 02:25 PM
what is PK

jackabee
03-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Pro Kennex

lolsmash
03-21-2006, 06:02 PM
do you guys know the reqs. for dunlop?

Bungalo Bill
03-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Anyone can get sponsorship from anywhere.

If anyone believes this crap, I have a bridge I can sell you. Anyone can get sponsored. Well, why don't you! lol

jackson vile
03-23-2006, 09:18 AM
If anyone believes this crap, I have a bridge I can sell you. Anyone can get sponsored. Well, why don't you! lol

Man what an incompetent buffoon, you must live a very sad life of failure.

If you know how to market your self you can get sponsored, are you french or something and have difficulty reading?

I said that for a local athelete look to local businesses to sponsor you, I have done this and so do many other, never said they were going to put you a salary or anything. But you can get your local walmart, mom and pop shops ect to pay for traveling expense, fees, ect

You act as if everything is impossible, this to me means you have not gone far in life.

I am 23 and own my own business and after taxes and paying for everything I made (take home) 46k this year and right now have 11k in the bank.

I just paid off all my companies debt in 1 year, that was 20k.

You are either a winner by choice or a loser by choice.

I feal sorry for you family Bunghole Booger

Dunlopkid
03-23-2006, 09:31 AM
do you guys know the reqs. for dunlop?

Seconded.

fedbandian
03-23-2006, 10:06 AM
technifibre is the easiest compnay to get sponsership of

maybe fischer

Dunlopkid
03-23-2006, 10:33 AM
technifibre is the easiest compnay to get sponsership of

maybe fischer

are you sponsored by either of these?

James Taylor
03-31-2006, 05:19 AM
In England what sort of rating do you have to be to gain a sponsorship from someone like nike???????:confused:

James Taylor
03-31-2006, 05:25 AM
hi, does anyone know how I can get a sponsorship from nike in england????????

Semaj
03-31-2006, 09:45 AM
How does preferred player work then- if its so easy to get it- what are the advantages

jackabee
03-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Basically if you have a junior ranking - you can apply for this program and get some %age of discount on some stuff - pretty small though - usually about 8-10% and only certain companies offer it!

j

Freedom
03-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Man what an incompetent buffoon, you must live a very sad life of failure.

If you know how to market your self you can get sponsored, are you french or something and have difficulty reading?

I said that for a local athelete look to local businesses to sponsor you, I have done this and so do many other, never said they were going to put you a salary or anything. But you can get your local walmart, mom and pop shops ect to pay for traveling expense, fees, ect

You act as if everything is impossible, this to me means you have not gone far in life.

I am 23 and own my own business and after taxes and paying for everything I made (take home) 46k this year and right now have 11k in the bank.

I just paid off all my companies debt in 1 year, that was 20k.

You are either a winner by choice or a loser by choice.

I feal sorry for you family Bunghole Booger

What's your problem, Jacksonvile? This isn't the first time you've blown up at Bungalo.

EDIT: And nobody cares about how much money you say you make.

tennis_nerd22
04-24-2006, 01:14 PM
What's your problem, Jacksonvile? This isn't the first time you've blown up at Bungalo.

EDIT: And nobody cares about how much money you say you make.

iunno, i think what he says about BB can sometimes be true... :|

tennis_nerd22
04-24-2006, 01:16 PM
for all of you wondering about dunlop sponsorship... they dont even have their website up anymore. they're moving places or something, so nothing will be available for a while i think

Tim Tennis
04-24-2006, 05:45 PM
PK, will give you a contract anytime

Well Jonny, at least you have to be able to keep score. LOL

tennis_nerd22
04-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Well Jonny, at least you have to be able to keep score. LOL

aww dammet, looks like im out :mrgreen: LOL

necro-1000
04-25-2006, 04:43 AM
DO sponsors usually come up to you themselves or does someone go and ask to try and get sponsored?

wxr
04-25-2006, 12:20 PM
why don't You contact Them, and ask them, they should be able to tell you how its done.

archangelkc
04-29-2006, 12:20 AM
With Babolat, you call the company and talk to them about the preferred player. They e-mail you the form and you have to fill it out and send it back to them with proof that you meet one of the qualifications below.

1.) High school player ranked Top 3 in State.
2.) High school player ranked Top 150 Nationally.
3.) Current Varsity College player or coach.
4.) ATP/WTA Tour players.

The package includes:

2-3 frames
12 pack bag
12 overgrips
2 shirts
1 hat
shock absorber
choice of string (12 sets of hurricane is an option)

The package costs $359.00 with shipping on top of that which is like 14 dollars. You can also re-order frames and stuff at cost. I can reorder my Aeropro drives for $109.00. It is an awesome deal.

archangelkc
04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Is it like illegal or against the rules to get preferred player status from two different companies?

Custom+Hybrid
05-31-2006, 04:22 PM
I would think that a company (example, Prince) would make it so you can't get another racquet sponsor. But maybe you could be sponsered by a clothing company too

Kabob190
05-31-2006, 05:40 PM
I would think that a company (example, Prince) would make it so you can't get another racquet sponsor. But maybe you could be sponsered by a clothing company too

thats what all the pros do

chex
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
yeah.. my 14 year old friend here gets sponsorship from head...
He's only rated 34 in usta pacific 16's.. and ranked 6 in 14's

he's got like 18 flexpiont radical tours.. bags, shoes... I'm not sure about strings and apparel.

He also got a sponsorship offer from babolat..

Wtitanium
05-31-2006, 06:13 PM
We have a 13 year old, 7th grader, who plays number 1 singles at my highschool. He is sponsered by head.

thetenniskid07
05-31-2006, 06:20 PM
A lot of juniors are sponsored at my tennis club. They are nationally ranked and usually in the top 5 of their age group. A whole bunch are sponsored by prince. A couple by babolat. The guys are no older than 15!!!

tonysk83
05-31-2006, 06:24 PM
Sponsorships aren't they are cracked up to be when you are a junior. You won't get anything for free. You will get a nice discount but honestly, is it worth it to possibly play with equiptment you don't like? It is one thing if you use pure drives and get in babolats program. If you love princes and get it with Head, what is the point? Cheaper racquets? Just look around for used racquets in good condition. I haven't paid over 100 for a racquet in a long time and they all have been in slightly used condition.

That is my opinion though. I know a kid that isn't good enough for babolats program but has been accepted with numerous other companies but would rather use his babolats.

c_zimma
05-31-2006, 06:48 PM
PowerAngle pretty much hands out preferred player packages.

tennisboi206
05-31-2006, 08:25 PM
how would u get a sponsorship? do u have to contact them first or do they approach you?

DRtenniS1112
05-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Here is a little story about me getting sponsored.
I heard a rumor that Babolat was looking to increase their collegiate crowd. I sent an email to Babolat and they replied saying if I could prove I played for the college I attended then they would be interested in giving me the "preferred player" discount. The lady said I could get the deal because our team is at the top of our conference, I am a freshmen but still in the top 6 so i will be there for 4 years, and was ranked 2 in my state for juniors when i was young enough to be in 18's. I think the requirements were to be a junior in like top 200 in the nation or something, or top 3 in the state, or to be a college player with proof of starting (so players below top 6 don't get the deal).

jackabee
06-01-2006, 02:23 AM
Does anyone know what the deal with sponsorships is like in the UK for juniors? So what ranking you have to be etc.

c_zimma
06-01-2006, 04:00 PM
how would u get a sponsorship? do u have to contact them first or do they approach you?

For PowerAngle, I contacted them. I explained that I play in a club, and they would really benefit all of the publicity. I am not a highly ranked junior. I just sent them some proof that I had won some tourneys and was serious about tennis. They gave me a pretty big discount, but I decided not to accept.

Bungalo Bill
06-01-2006, 05:44 PM
For PowerAngle, I contacted them. I explained that I play in a club, and they would really benefit all of the publicity. I am not a highly ranked junior. I just sent them some proof that I had won some tourneys and was serious about tennis. They gave me a pretty big discount, but I decided not to accept.

After all that you decided not to accept? Why? :)

J-man
06-01-2006, 06:41 PM
PowerAngle pretty much hands out preferred player packages.Not very surpising. They want to get the word out on there rackets

c_zimma
06-01-2006, 07:18 PM
I really never had too much interest in PowerAngle. I just wanted to see if they would consider giving me discounts. I read some reviews, and decided I would be better of sticking with Wilson.

Dunlopkid
06-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Does anybody have an e-mail address for Pro Kennex? I couldn't find one on their website.

Dunlopkid
07-16-2006, 12:07 PM
What are some sponsorship requirements for smaller string companies (Pacific, Bowbrand, Isospeed, etc..)
Also, anyone that is sponsored by Fisher, do you have their exact requirements. Someone sent me a preferred player form from them, but my computer was unable to open it.

yonexman001
09-29-2007, 02:28 PM
I do not know how can i get an tennis sponsorship for equipment and for tournaments. .i am a Romanian tennis player.. ii 2005 year i was the second from my age!16 years. .Now i have 2 sponsors Kirschbaum Strings & Grips And an Romanian company who produce nutritional supplements Redis Nutritie. .bunt i need money to play tournaments and for my tennis equipment
what email did you email kirshbam at?

SFrazeur
09-29-2007, 05:33 PM
what email did you email kirshbam at?

This is a bit of an old thread, the user in question has not logged in since 03-20-2006, I wouldn't expect an answer.

-SF