PDA

View Full Version : Which machine should I get? MS200DX or Prince Neos 1000?

cannondale
02-26-2004, 05:45 AM
These are the 2 machines I'm considering. I've read all the great things about the Laserfibre machine, but the TW package sounds like such a great deal. I'm string about 15-20 racquets/month.

Which would you get and why?

brtennis
02-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Both are good machines but the DX is $200-400 more expensive than the Neos, depending on whether USRSA membership and/or single-action clamp are important to you.

David Pavlich
02-26-2004, 02:56 PM
I've never used the Laserfibre, but the Neos is a grand machine. The only drawback to the Neos is the clamping system. If you get one of those fan pattern racquets (Triad 3.0 for instance) you have to use flying clamps, which aren't as good as a fixed clamp.

The Laserfibre is a true constant pull machine, good mounting system and fixed clamps that will work on all types of frames. If CP is important, then there is only one choice.

Either machine will serve you VERY well.

David

topspin
02-27-2004, 01:46 AM
Yes both are top notch and highly recommended. You just got to look at the differences (like constant pull) and decide what is important to you.

kinsella
02-28-2004, 05:17 PM
Of the two, I have only seen the NEOS in pro shops. That should be enough. They are so simple, they are precise (get the same result over and over).

The resale on NEOS' is better than Mercedes. The reason you never see an ad for one is that they sell without advertising for a 2-3 hundred less than original retail.

When I do a fan pattern, I just ignore the angles on the last two mains. I don't llose as much tension as with flying clamps and what fan pattern owner cares about the outside mains? Finally, how many fan pattern racquets are there and do you plan to string them?

Rabbit
03-01-2004, 12:08 PM
I agree with all the previous posters. I don't know anything about the Laserfibre machine and have no experience with it.

I think Kinsella makes a very good point about pro shops. Every pro shop I have ever been in save about 4 have had these machines. In a commercial environment, they are also regularly abused and stand up to that abuse very well. I've seen kids stringing on them all day long, and never once clean the clamps, they just keep tightening them up. One of the local pro shops here that I am intimately familiar with strings hundreds of frames and when they test the calibration, it is still dead on.

For a personal machine, which is what I consider mine, it can't be beat. You will never need to buy another machine if you go with a Neos.