PDA

View Full Version : We can call them pushers, or something! :)

Mark S. Hogan
10-07-2005, 05:03 AM
Looks like writers lose to the skilled percentage player too. Luckily they have an outlet...writing.

What do you do when you lose to someone you don't believe you should have lost to?

http://www.tennisserver.com/turbo/turbo_05_10.html

Marius_Hancu
10-07-2005, 05:45 AM
check my posting
Playing pushers
in the Sticky at the top of this forum
lots of good threads there already

eagle
10-07-2005, 05:54 AM
Good article. I just lost to a pusher last week. This article reinforces what I should have done.

r,
eagle

goober
10-07-2005, 06:11 AM
good article although he makes it sound like pushers are almost magical in their abilities. What he is describing also is more of a counterpuncher + spinmaster/slice and dice player.

Camilio Pascual
10-07-2005, 06:27 AM
What do you do when you lose to someone you don't believe you should have lost to?
http://www.tennisserver.com/turbo/turbo_05_10.html

Ummmm...cry about it to TW posters?
Nice article you posted, I have no sympathy for crybabies clamoring for style points, either.
These whiners would have us believe they'd be at 4.0 or 4.5 instead of 3.5 if it wasn't for those dastardly pushers. I always wonder, what with the self-rating, why not rate one's self at 4.0 or 4.5 to avoid those pushers and see how good one "really" is?
My prediction: They really ARE 3.5 players.

Mark S. Hogan
10-07-2005, 06:40 AM
Exactly CP.

His advice seems to say, "you need to play better."

Watch the ball and keep your head still. And don't try to crush the ball with every shot stupid! :)

mucat
10-07-2005, 10:57 AM
I love reading turbo tennis

And...

"Pushers feed on frustration. They love it when they see you getting angry with yourself. In fact, apart from winning, pushers find this mental breakdown a most rewarding part of playing our sport."

This is so me...:twisted:

kevhen
10-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Yes, I enjoy mentally breaking down the power player myself and watching them fall apart and knowing the match is over already. It's sort of sad to see but it's a weakness they need to overcome to get to the next level and I am always searching for the easiest way to win the match.

Excellent article.

kevhen
10-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Pushers generally are counter punchers and spin masters. I guess a true pusher just blocks back every ball with little or no spin, but most pushers will slice alot and only hit hard if the opponent gives them the right pace to allow them to hit hard.