PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Tough Gut

Jerry Seinfeld
02-26-2004, 06:21 AM
Since Tennis Warehouse does not offer this string I attempted to order it through the web site that markets and sells Pacific products. I was drawn in by the extra USTA member discounts and placed a fairly large order. The order was placed over a month ago and has not been received. I have attempted to contact them several times via email and have received absolutely no response. Has anyone else had any similar experiences? If so, were they resolved happily? If you wish to respond privately I can be reached via email at cokebear5@yahoo.com

TW Staff
02-26-2004, 06:33 AM
For the record, I requested Tough Gut from PACIFIC last Summer, but was refused. My repeated attempts have been unsuccessful until now. Don't know about the "distributor". Don/Tennis Warehouse

Ken Sachar
02-26-2004, 08:31 AM
Jerry:

I have ordered pacific tough gut on three different occasions over the past year. Every time they have delivered within eight days of confirming my order. I assume you ordered from Strings & Grips to get USRSA discount. Did you get an order confirmation?

Good Luck

Ken Sachar

jayserinos99
02-26-2004, 09:04 AM
This is very intriguing Jerry. I always contemplated getting some Toughgut from them using the USRSA discount; can you please keep us posted?

Jerry Seinfeld
02-26-2004, 09:20 AM
On January 28, 2004 I received my order confirmation from the site where the products were ordered. I was told it was shipped USPS Priority Mail. The mail arrived today and my order still has not arrived. I have sent several pleasant email messages to them and have not received a response. I will keep this post updated so others can learn from my experience.

I have also received a private message from another member of the board who has reported, in passionate terms, his disappointing experiences with the same distributor. Those pursuing purchases from them, please beware!

Jerry

kentuckytennisdude
02-26-2004, 12:33 PM
I have ordered from them in the past. I ordered the Syntec, X-Tax White overgrips and the PolySpin. I recieved the Syntec and overgrips in 4 days time. I praise them for that. But my polyspin was placed on backorder and still havent received it in 2 months. I emailed them and they said its on its way. Overall, I like the Pacific distributor because of the cheap prices on Pacific strings. Other than that, I order here on TW.

Jerry Seinfeld
02-26-2004, 01:12 PM
TW is tops and can always be asked to match prices. Their top-notch service, superior inventory system and great customer service make it a no-brainer. I will not stray again...I will not stray again...I will not stray again...

RacquetDoctor
02-26-2004, 01:59 PM
I have used them on numerous occaisions, but the larger the order, the slower the delivery. While I like their strings very much, they are too inconsistant with delivery times.

Bora
02-27-2004, 11:55 AM
And for those of us in ATL, there is a Pacific dealer in town (Marietta). Out of my respect for TW, I won't post his name here.

Jerry Seinfeld
02-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Hey Bora,

Will you please contact me with your distributor? I am in ATL.

Thanks!

Jerry

cokebear5@yahoo.com

christo
02-28-2004, 07:50 PM
That's weird, didn't you just say I will not stray? Ah, must have been a typo.

Jerry Seinfeld
02-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Yes, but TW doesn't carry the Tough Gut yet. Need to seek it elsewhere.