PDA

View Full Version : How much of a part does psychology play in tennis?

Assassin
10-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey,

I think it depends on your play. I say in the 'beginning' it plays about 50%, but as you move up the levels especially the highest it plays about the full 100%.

Thanx in advance..

GrahamIsSuper
10-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Hey,

I think it depends on your play. I say in the 'beginning' it plays about 50%, but as you move up the levels especially the highest it plays about the full 100%.

Thanx in advance..

Well, yes its important, but you can't say that Federer wins solely on his mentality alone. I'd say it matters about the same all the time, regardless of skill level (assuming you aren't a TOTAL beginner).

Burt Turkoglu
10-07-2005, 07:28 PM
......well......if psychology is meant to mean the mental aspect of the game then I would say that it plays a large if not most part....all of the top 500 players hit the ball close to the same and all are very quick.....it's the mental toughness that separates them......

[JK]
10-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Hey,

Thanx in advance..

Yeah I guess you're right, but it also depends on what opponent you're facing. If you're Federer playing against me.. Then I guess you'll see clear picture.;)

SageOfDeath
10-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Well by psychology do you mean mental toughness? Strategy? Focus? Because if its all 3 then its nearly most of it, can't beat anyone if you aren't focused, you don't have a strategy, and you are panicked.