PDA

View Full Version : racquet wobbling !!!! help bungalo bill

visit_faraz
10-08-2005, 08:27 PM
hi,
I have been following the easi tennis techniques and my game has improved so much and i am very consistent. the problem starts when i want to hit harder balls and swing hard. the racquet head then starts to wobble and so its difficult for me to control the swing.

One more problem is that when sometimes the courts are moist and the balls get a little heavier due to the moisture the racquet wobbles when i contact the ball with it. i mean that when the strings meet the ball, the racquet head shakes and i am unable to control the stroke and it is a very bad feeling.

I hope i was able to make myself clear. so please tell me what could the problem be. and how to correct this problem.

thanks in advance
bye

Prince_of_Tennis
10-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Whats your racket size and wieght?
Simple answer you are mishitting because you are trying to swing harder than you usually do. I'd recommend keeping your eyes on the ball. Watch the ball make contact with your strings.

Rickson
10-09-2005, 05:26 AM
Why do you want us to help bungalo bill?

visit_faraz
10-09-2005, 07:40 AM
hi,
there has been a slight mistake here and i have actually posted this thread 2 times. so here i am posting the link to the other thread in which i have got a few replies . there i have posted about my racquet . so better to continue the discussion there as it would be easier to follow one thread. please take a look. sorry for any trouble.

here it is----
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=71439

very funny rickson. now when i see the post title i can see that it could be taken a different way than what i had supposed to mean. ( i was writing in a hurry because i was really getting depressed about it!!!)

actually i was asking for his help.( which u must have already understood).

bye

Rickson
10-10-2005, 06:00 PM
hi,
there has been a slight mistake here and i have actually posted this thread 2 times. so here i am posting the link to the other thread in which i have got a few replies . there i have posted about my racquet . so better to continue the discussion there as it would be easier to follow one thread. please take a look. sorry for any trouble.

here it is----
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=71439

very funny rickson. now when i see the post title i can see that it could be taken a different way than what i had supposed to mean. ( i was writing in a hurry because i was really getting depressed about it!!!)

actually i was asking for his help.( which u must have already understood).

bye
One comma can make a difference.

Marius_Hancu
10-11-2005, 06:09 PM
might consider putting some lead at 3 and 9 o'clock

dickbarney
10-12-2005, 04:17 AM
It is simple physics that the racket "wobbles" because you are not hitting the ball in the center of the racket. You say that "the problem starts when i want to hit harder balls and swing hard. ". This suggests that you change you stroke when you hit harder and that probably means that your timing is off, you are moving your head or not watching the ball. I suggest that you either have a pro watch you make both swings or have a friend video tape both swings.

Adding weight will change the balance of your racket, but it won't overcome the mechanical advantage a mishit ball has over the strength of your wrist.

Marius_Hancu
10-12-2005, 04:52 AM
It is simple physics that the racket "wobbles" because you are not hitting the ball in the center of the racket. You say that "the problem starts when i want to hit harder balls and swing hard. ". This suggests that you change you stroke when you hit harder and that probably means that your timing is off, you are moving your head or not watching the ball. I suggest that you either have a pro watch you make both swings or have a friend video tape both swings.

Adding weight will change the balance of your racket, but it won't overcome the mechanical advantage a mishit ball has over the strength of your wrist.

not totally, but will reduce the twisting of the racket in his hands.

but of course he should address the technique issue.

Bungalo Bill
10-12-2005, 07:57 AM

Don't agree with this. Adding weight will and can reduce racket wobble especially on those heavy damp balls. It is the same as if a Mack Truck had a head on collision with a Volkswagon beetle. Even if the truck did not hit the bug square, the bug would feel more of the impact then the truck and the truck mostly would just keep on going.

When the extra weight is swung it will overcome the ball more than a ligther racket with less twist and wobble and will help a player no matter the strength. Most players that add weight learn to let the racket do the talking more so than the muscles.

Plus, if a player uses a braced fixed wrist (using the bones ) a weighted racket will definetly help reduce wobble.