PDA

View Full Version : Changing BH from 2 to 1 hands

Net Cord
10-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Any general tips / advice for the above alteration.

I guess contact point is a little further in front. Shoulder turn more pronounced? Use non-dominant arm to guide racket back? Swing path? Grip?

Rickson
10-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Any general tips / advice for the above alteration.

I guess contact point is a little further in front. Shoulder turn more pronounced? Use non-dominant arm to guide racket back? Swing path? Grip?
I have a tip. Do a search before making threads.

Net Cord
10-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Tried that first mr smart arse!
Seriously, I'm not here to waste people's time - just wanted to know how to assist somebody make this alteration - obviously, there's tons of info on the 2 handed backhand. If there's a directly related thread pls help me find it.

Rickson
10-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Tried that first mr smart arse!
Seriously, I'm not here to waste people's time - just wanted to know how to assist somebody make this alteration - obviously, there's tons of info on the 2 handed backhand. If there's a directly related thread pls help me find it.
Well, NC from the UK, while an open stance is acceptable and used often for the 2 hander (Rafa), an open stance is not a good way to hit a 1 hander. Not only does the 1 hander take a closed stance, the contact point is earlier as you mentioned. A double hander is more forgiving on late hits than a 1 hander, but wait, there's more. Right handed 2 handers are used to folding up to the right shoulder on the followthrough, but a 1 hander's followthrough is straight. Some 1 handers, Haas and Federer, fold up at the very end of the followthrough, but it's not the same as a 2 hander's followthrough at all in that the 2 hander's right arm never straightens where the 1 hander's does straighten out on the FT.