PDA

View Full Version : Volleying poor approach shots

Rickson
10-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Volleying a good approach is definitely a bad idea, but some net rushers will come in on anything and every once in a while, I volley bad approaches. Plucking those bad approaches out of the air beats you to your opponent's gameplan and more times than not, you'll win the point. Does anyone else do this? The opportunities are rare, but when you get them, do it because the look on your opponent's face will be priceless.

SteveI
10-10-2005, 02:41 AM
Volleying a good approach is definitely a bad idea, but some net rushers will come in on anything and every once in a while, I volley bad approaches. Plucking those bad approaches out of the air beats you to your opponent's gameplan and more times than not, you'll win the point. Does anyone else do this? The opportunities are rare, but when you get them, do it because the look on your opponent's face will be priceless.

Ohhh ya Man!

That shot will and does take the wild right out of the sails of a net rusher's gameplan. I was playing a guy that loves to chip and charge off of his bh all the time... problem is.. he is used to doing this to weaker players that always move back to try to either hit a lob or set-up for a passing shot. As soon as I saw his racket face open up to hit his famous slice approach I moved forward and hit a swinging fh volley. The 1st time I did it.. he almost got hit with the ball.. the next time he cursed. It was great fun... gotta love tennis!

Have a good one!
Steve

Rickson
10-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Ohhh ya Man!

That shot will and does take the wild right out of the sails of a net rusher's gameplan. I was playing a guy that loves to chip and charge off of his bh all the time... problem is.. he is used to doing this to weaker players that always move back to try to either hit a lob or set-up for a passing shot. As soon as I saw his racket face open up to hit his famous slice approach I moved forward and hit a swinging fh volley. The 1st time I did it.. he almost got hit with the ball.. the next time he cursed. It was great fun... gotta love tennis!

Have a good one!
Steve
Good to see that you beat him to the punch.

Marius_Hancu
10-10-2005, 04:04 PM
you guys are certainly having the right attitude!

Rickson
10-10-2005, 04:35 PM
you guys are certainly having the right attitude!
Thanks, Marius, you too.