PDA

View Full Version : Inside-out forehand

grimmbomb21
10-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Is your swing path different or do you just step in with your left foot more to angle your body in that direction.(right-handed) Every time I try it, the ball sails
past the baseline. Same thing with forehands down the line on the duece side. Am I taking the ball too early or too late?:confused:

Rickson
10-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Is your swing path different or do you just step in with your left foot more to angle your body in that direction.(right-handed) Every time I try it, the ball sails
past the baseline. Same thing with forehands down the line on the duece side. Am I taking the ball too early or too late?:confused:
I got so used to it, I don't consciously think about the form anymore. Hit the left side of the ball and follow through just like you would on any other forehand.

Koaske
10-10-2005, 06:46 AM
I use my wrist to make the ball go towards different direction.

Geezer Guy
10-10-2005, 12:15 PM
I line up my feet differently with relation to the court when I hit inside-out, but everything else is just as if I were hitting a "regular" forehand. If I'm hitting DTL I hit with a bit more topspin than if hitting cross-court.

Jon Hampton
10-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Hitting an inside out forehand requires a lot more footwork than just a standard forehand. You have to step around the ball, as opposed to it just letting it come to you. Plus, if you are able to step all the way around the ball, you'll be more able to disguise your intent. Too often I see someone stepping around the ball but not enough to cause me to worry about them going down the line with it, since their body positioning makes that shot an impossiblity. There's nothing better than stepping around to hit an inside out forehand and choosing instead to go down the line with it.

grimmbomb21
10-10-2005, 09:53 PM
hit left side of ball. use footwork to get further around ball. swing like any other forehand. Okay, I'll give it a shot and let you guys know how it worked. Thanks!

rfederer32291
10-11-2005, 03:56 PM
I use my wrist to make the ball go towards different direction.

that can lead to inconsistency man

Marius_Hancu
10-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Hitting an inside out forehand requires a lot more footwork than just a standard forehand. You have to step around the ball, as opposed to it just letting it come to you. Plus, if you are able to step all the way around the ball, you'll be more able to disguise your intent. Too often I see someone stepping around the ball but not enough to cause me to worry about them going down the line with it, since their body positioning makes that shot an impossiblity. There's nothing better than stepping around to hit an inside out forehand and choosing instead to go down the line with it.

same feeling here.

C_Smith
10-11-2005, 05:34 PM
for me, I just think to lead with my wrist more, whether i am actually doing that, i dunno. Its just a mental thought that keys me in to doing whatever i do for the inside out forehand. It works for me, maybe it will work for you.