PDA

View Full Version : Haha Not Fun!

dannyjjang
10-11-2005, 10:52 AM
im struggling in tennis and somehow cant control shots, cnat do nice serves,, just got bored...should i get a tutor? i just want to have fun other than winning

TennsDog
10-12-2005, 12:44 PM
If things aren't working for you, then a private coach/tutor is always a good idea, as long as you don't mind spending the money. I might recommend paying some extra money to make sure you find a good pro who knows what's going on, though, to make sure that you don't begin by developing bad habits that will need correction later.

Kaptain Karl
10-12-2005, 01:31 PM
im struggling in tennis and somehow cant control shots, cnat do nice serves,, just got bored...should i get a tutor? i just want to have fun other than winning"Insufficient data," danny.
How long have you been playing?
How often?
What level?
Are you playing LOTS of tournaments?
None?

If you are looking into getting a tutor, be aware you also have a variety of arrangements: Private / Semi-private / Small Group / Large Group. There are advantages and negatives to each.

Good luck!

- KK

nViATi
10-12-2005, 02:26 PM
im struggling in tennis and somehow cant control shots, cnat do nice serves,, just got bored...should i get a tutor? i just want to have fun other than winning
tennis isn't easy. it isn't all fun. tennis takes hard work and dedication.

armand
10-12-2005, 02:42 PM
tennis is easy. it's all fun. tennis doesn't take hard work or dedication.

nViATi
10-12-2005, 02:44 PM
what was the point of your post? just trying to up your post count?

Kaptain Karl
10-12-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm with adley on this. I really get tired of *tennis players* trying to make our sport seem so ... out of reach. I've had students (older than 10) who were able to grasp the game and (passably) play the game in just a few months.

- KK

netman
10-12-2005, 03:05 PM

Want to have fun? Get access to a wall or ball machine. You can go out, try all kinds of shots without the stress of worrying about who is watching. Better, get some tutoring on the proper way to hit a shot, then go use the wall or machine. Work on placement or just knock the fuzz off the ball and enjoy the fact nothing is riding on the shot.

Serves are even easier, all you need are some tennis balls and a court. Blast away until you tonque is hanging out.

-k-

Tim Tennis
10-12-2005, 03:16 PM

I am with you and Kaptain Karl. Tennis is fun, even practice and trying to improve is fun, if you are not having fun, why do it? It is not that hard to reach a reasonable level of proficiency. Sure if you are trying to get a college scholarship or play professional tennis some aspects may not be that much fun but if you are not having fun and enjoying the challenge then you will never make it.

You got to love the game.

akj27
10-12-2005, 04:33 PM
what was the point of your post? just trying to up your post count?

and what was the point of THIS post? just trying to be an *******?

So, yeah, get a private tutor, have a few lessons with him, learn the basics, then keep practicing, and you'll get better.

Mahboob Khan
10-12-2005, 05:11 PM
If you are a junior, your parents are not that rich, and you want to climb up the ITF ranking, there are pressures. I agree that tennis should be fun but for an emerging junior, or a player who is trying to make it to the Pros, it is hard work, money, and frustrations. Success finds its way through frustrations and disappointments.

Have fun!

Kaptain Karl
10-13-2005, 07:19 AM
<ooc> Mahboob!!! Good to see your post. (That "other thread" seems to have been deleted.)

So the quake did not get you.... Are your friends and family members all okay? </ooc>

- KK

snoflewis
10-13-2005, 11:28 AM
best tip i can give you is to go to the useful posts sections, and read a few articles on the shots you're having troubles w/ and learn to analyze yourself