PDA

View Full Version : Comparison of HEAD TI.Radical and TI.Classic

dufferok
02-26-2004, 07:40 AM
I'm looking for opinions on the HEAD TI.Classic compared to the HEAD TI.Radical. Looking for things such as feel comparison, shot comparison, power comparison, etc.

Which HEAD racket would you choose of the two?

nvared
02-26-2004, 11:29 AM
When I was looking for my next racket, I tested the Ti Radical and the Ti Classic and chose the Ti Classic. My previous racket was the HEAD Satellite Tour-another great racket!

I thought the Ti Radical wasn't a bad racket but was too light. I suppose I could have put a ton of lead tape on it, but the feel wasn't quite there for me. It just wasn't quite there for me. If you put in a higher quality of string in the Ti Classic-for me, either Scorcher 17 or Babolat Syntronic Brio 17 has worked very well for me, the racket has excellent feel. I've been stringing it at 57 lbs. Scorcher and Brio keep their tension better than some other strings. For me, again the weight and the little more headlight racket gives me a better feel for the ball than the Radical.

I think it's easier for me to hit a more potent serve, top off both sides, flat and spin. My forehand has never been so lethal and it is a whiz at net. I put a strip of lead tape under the handle of the racket recently and it has given me a little bit more pop-although controllable!

I don't use extreme topspin but if my technique is good, I can get pretty decent topspin with the Classic. Obviously, I'm sold on the racket!

dufferok
03-02-2004, 09:30 AM
I purchased a HEAD Ti.Classic MP and strung it with Technifibre NGR2 17 gauge string @ 60 pounds. Compared to the Radical, the rackets look the same.

Surprisingly, I had tremendous control over my shots with the Ti.Classic. The placement of my server even improved. I did not notice any increase in power or "pop" with this racket.

The main difference was the "feel" of the racket on ground strokes and vollies.