PDA

View Full Version : Question for TW concerning out of production racquets

basil J
10-12-2005, 04:53 PM
I notice that every once in a while TW will stock an out of production racquet such as the Wilson hyper prostaff 18 x20 version, Head prestige classic and so on. Two questions:
1. What factors determine the availability of out of production racquets.
2. Will a manufacturer produce racquets for a supplier regardless of the year and make of model.
The reason I ask is that it appears that the Dunlop 200G series has gotten progressively weaker over time and a lot of people here in the east that I have spoken with would go back to a MW or Revelation if they were available.
It appears that there is market for old school players frames? ala prostaff, prestige, POG 200G. How does it work??

PaulC
10-13-2005, 07:08 AM
Second that......I will take Revelation Pro 200G (90 or 95) any time over Prestiage Classics or PT 280 if available, which TW brought in both before.

In my opinion, it's the more solid player racquet ever make by any manufacturer since 1997.

(the black/green model that Philippusus once use before RP 200G is also good too)

TW Staff
10-13-2005, 09:46 AM
A few different factors determine whether we bring in an out of production racquet model. The first is a willingness by the racquet company to fire up the molds (if still available), effect (if any) on current racquet models, minimums, pricing, location of manufacture (mostly HEAD) and last, but not least - demand. Thanks for your input on the Rev Pro 200G. We'll mention this to Dunlop. However, I wouldn't get your hopes up... Don/Tennis Warehouse

basil J
06-20-2006, 10:34 AM
I just picked up 2 of these frames(revelation 200G), plastic still on the frame, one at a yard sale one on the auction site. These are outstanding frames. How can we find out if Dunlop would be willing to produce a batch? I am positive they would fly off of the shelf. Everyone who has taken a few swings is very impressed with the feel of this frame. I was using an ncode 6.1 18 x 20 which is a frame I thought I loved until I came across the Dunlop. now the Wilson sits in my bag.. Come on TW, look at the luck you have had with the head prestige.

TW Staff
06-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Dunlop has more pressing priorities right now than re-introducing old models... Consider yourself fortunate to find 2 as-new Rev 200G racquets! Don/Tennis Warehouse

Lakoste
06-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Dunlop has more pressing priorities right now than re-introducing old models
Whats going on behind the curtain Don, give us the dirty on Dunlop;)

equinox
06-21-2006, 10:07 AM
The dunlop models are crap and all the dealers arn't happy with them.

TW Staff
06-21-2006, 10:19 AM
It's no secret that Dunlop changed US distributors. This re-structuring, along with focusing on a new line of racquets seems to be keeping everyone at Dunlop Americas pretty busy. Don/Tennis Warehouse