PDA

View Full Version : exercises to get better endurance?

YEMntFtb
05-22-2004, 12:07 PM
I need some exercises to get in better shape, Im already in pretty good shape because I played a few hours of tennis a day, and hit the gym twice for 45minutes each. Someone after sprinting, and long rallies I still feel tired, this is really holding me back because I dont have a lot of energy in the 2nd and 3rd sets of matches, and this affects my foot work, and ability to keep the ball in play, because of sheer laziness.

give me some exercises, but be aware, I get shin splints easily, so jumping exercises are not good.

thanks

andfor
05-26-2004, 06:36 AM
I recommend stationary bike or biking also if that's not an option walking if your shins can take it.

waterpro
05-26-2004, 09:55 AM
if you are getting shin splints try something like the elliptical runners. I set it up for interval training. 2 minutes of easy stuff followed by 2 minutes balls to the wall. This will help because it is a low impact activity. If you decide to do some other activity though make sure it involves interval training. You want to simulate what it would be like in tennis (ie short bursts of energy followed by a short rest). If you are just going for 30 minutes at the same pace you aren't simulating tennis and you will still get tired. Put a stick in a short distance spinters hands vs a marathon runner and I'll take the short distance runner anyday. Even though the marathon runner has more overall endurance they aren't used to the starts and stops that short distance runners are.