PDA

View Full Version : TW: Volkl Classic 9 Pro/C9 Pro grommet sets?

Colpo
10-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Any chance of getting any of these in? It's a relatively recent orange-colored frame (introduced in 1999), and you do offer grommet sets for the C8 Pro (also discontinued), so how about the C9? I'd be surprised if Volkl no longer made them. Thanks - the kits on my two are in desperate need of replacement.

SteveI
10-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Any chance of getting any of these in? It's a relatively recent orange-colored frame (introduced in 1999), and you do offer grommet sets for the C8 Pro (also discontinued), so how about the C9? I'd be surprised if Volkl no longer made them. Thanks - the kits on my two are in desperate need of replacement.

Colpo,

This is my good deed for the day.. :-) The C9 set is the same as the C10 Pro
Both have the 98 sq inch head size and 16 x 19 pattern. I am sure TW has some of those.. if not write me and I will give ya the lead on where I got my sets for the C9. I just sold 2 C9 about 4 months ago.. and replaced the grommet sets.. the C10 MP is the one to get. Sorry can't help ya on the C8.

Regards,
Steve

Tennisguy63t@verizon.net

Colpo
10-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Steve, thanks very much for the advice. I'd still like TW to try to get some C9-specific sets for sale.

I'm not surprised that a C10 Pro grommet set is usable in a pinch in a C9 Pro racquet, but C10 and C9 grommet sets are not exactly the same. The C9 Pro grommet set has "Big Grommets" at certain areas. The C9 frame's string holes are drilled slightly larger to accomodate the Big Grommets. They're just slightly oversized, and they're the same black color as the rest of the set (not contrasting yellow like on some other Volkls). Although you could use a C10 set in a C9 frame, I don't think you could use a C9 set in a C10 racquet, because of the C9's Big Grommets. In short, I think if I'm in a pinch and can't find any C9 grommets, I'll use a C10 set. But, I don't think I'll get the full "Big Grommet" effect of the C9 with anything other than a C9 grommet set. Also, to TW, I only mentioned the C8 to illustrate that if TW can obtain and stock C8 grommets, then they should also be able to score some C9 grommets, too. Thanks.

SteveI
10-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Steve, thanks very much for the advice. I'd still like TW to try to get some C9-specific sets for sale.

I'm not surprised that a C10 Pro grommet set is usable in a pinch in a C9 Pro racquet, but C10 and C9 grommet sets are not exactly the same. The C9 Pro grommet set has "Big Grommets" at certain areas. The C9 frame's string holes are drilled slightly larger to accomodate the Big Grommets. They're just slightly oversized, and they're the same black color as the rest of the set (not contrasting yellow like on some other Volkls). Although you could use a C10 set in a C9 frame, I don't think you could use a C9 set in a C10 racquet, because of the C9's Big Grommets. In short, I think if I'm in a pinch and can't find any C9 grommets, I'll use a C10 set. But, I don't think I'll get the full "Big Grommet" effect of the C9 with anything other than a C9 grommet set. Also, to TW, I only mentioned the C8 to illustrate that if TW can obtain and stock C8 grommets, then they should also be able to score some C9 grommets, too. Thanks.

Hi,

I guess I only replaced the bumperguard and not the complete grommet set. In that case.. are right. I forgot about the Big Grommet system on the C9. Good luck with your quest. The C9 is really a nice playing frame.. excellent all-court frame. Wilson almost made a frame in that class (7.1 Zone). If they would have made the zone.. a bit stiffer..it would have been perfect.

Have a great day!
Steve

louis netman
10-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Colpo,

This is my good deed for the day.. :-) The C9 set is the same as the C10 Pro
Both have the 98 sq inch head size and 16 x 19 pattern. I am sure TW has some of those.. if not write me and I will give ya the lead on where I got my sets for the C9. I just sold 2 C9 about 4 months ago.. and replaced the grommet sets.. the C10 MP is the one to get. Sorry can't help ya on the C8.

Regards,
Steve

Tennisguy63t@verizon.net

TW can special order the C9 grommet sets. I did it this morning. They stock the c10 and c8. BTW, the C9 set is slightly different than the C10 in that the first grommet hole in the bumper is a BIG grommet...

TW Staff
10-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Colpo,
Please give us a call to order the C9 grommets.

Chris, TW

niktub
03-06-2012, 05:23 AM
Does that mean that the C10 pro grommets CAN be used on a C9 pro frame?