PDA

View Full Version : Key to 2hbh

donnyz89
10-14-2005, 05:00 PM
That I didnt realize before. When hitting a 2hbh, its not really a 2 HAND back hand, its more like hitting a forehand with your left hand, your right hand simple holds the racquet in place, you can almost let your racquet sit on the right hand without even gripping it. hope this helps a few that feels uncomfortable with a 2hbh. and its semiwestern for left hand and continental for right hand usually.

GOAT
10-14-2005, 05:12 PM
IMO, the best result is achieved with the 2hbh when both hands are used equally. I've read up on this issue, and I am thoroughly convinced. I think the article was written by Tracy Austin. I'm curious to know the feeling of the coaches on this forum regarding this subject.

btw, I use a strong grip for my bottom hand, in an eastern backhand grip, while my top hand is semi-western.

Muse
10-14-2005, 05:17 PM
I've always been taught that the left hand is the one that really guides the 2HBH. It was solidified in my mind when I opened up a giant blister on my right palm and only gripped my 2HBH with 3 fingers on the right hand (thumb, pointer, middle) and I still hit it well because the left hand was the one supplying everything. The right hand is just there to guide it and steady the racquet.

Docalex007
10-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Forget about it, switch to one handed. Geez.