PDA

View Full Version : Whoa jumping ground stroke

dannyjjang
10-16-2005, 12:08 AM
nwa that doesnt work any more

nViATi
10-16-2005, 02:18 AM
i just want to hit so hard that it breaks my STRING!!!
there's the problem. the point of tennis isn't to outhit your opponent. with that mentality you will probably lose most of your matches. be consistent and move your opponent around. you'll never get anywhere trying to hit winners every shot

Marius_Hancu
10-16-2005, 08:01 AM
dannyjjang
use some paragraphs, easier to read your stuff

Marius_Hancu
10-16-2005, 08:03 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=49483

stc9357
10-16-2005, 11:50 AM
I won't read that to jumbled up use some paragraphs like marius suggest!
Did read some if jumping on your forehands works for you then do it!

SageOfDeath
10-16-2005, 12:44 PM
while ago i posted that i was struggling with tennis, and asking for serve advices, ground stroke advices. My friends told me to stay low in the ground while hitting a groundstroke, which i followed, and when i played my uncle who lives far from my house and cant play tennis with me all day. Suprisingly when i played him my feet just hopped like federers just little more higher, it just came naturally, i Right handed, push my right feetwhen leaning on it and than use my legs to create topspin, hah? and it worked, more control and more power, and once in a while i bend my legs and just hit a classical ground stroke which are low rider hits. i overcame this in one day, how ironic, struggling for months and boom just got it, but the problem with this is, its hard on hitting serve returns it kinda goes out or barely hits the line. now since i got how to hit a ground stroke nicely, and believe i could really improve on it, i want to go over back hand, i again tried backhanding one day and mm hah worked using extreme backhand referring to my tennis book, where all 5 knckles lay parallel, racquet facing the same direction. its hard to do but once made its fast and accurate, i need tips on backhand, and two hand, everytime i hit a two hand its a spin volley just goes about shaq's height and comes down. I see andre hitting a two hand and his right hand are attached to his body and makes a short movement making a curve and hitting the ball, i just cant do it. is their a link to a tip or video or advices in words i will be really happy :) a junior in highschool and 8month left from season, no time to mess up. One thing im proud of is i been playing for 3month and i am improving real fast, i've never been crazi in a sport like this ever since basketball. tennis is something i can dedicate myself in, just that it damages my grades..
:(
i just want to hit so hard that it breaks my STRING!!!

Tennis shouldn't damage your grades, and you really really need to use paragraphs its hard to read you posts.

The best way to improve, get a certified coach.

supersmash
10-16-2005, 01:51 PM
What you should really do is practice and quit whining on the forum. And where is your question? What are we supposed to answer?

liionel
10-16-2005, 07:58 PM
hitting hard doesnt break your strings. topspin does. and if you can be so dedicated in tennis, it shouldnt be hard being dedicated to your studies. :D

nViATi
10-16-2005, 08:50 PM
my english teacher said something the other day
"for every 1 hour on the tennis court, you should spend 2 in the library reading" she said Arthur Ashe said that. hmm.. maybe you should take his advice?