PDA

View Full Version : How to maximize the advantage on sudden death

hlkimfung
10-16-2005, 06:42 PM
As much as I hate the idea of sudden death (one point deuce), it's a popular trend among tourament to compromise for better match time prediction

So what's the way to maxmize the format. I was watching the Kermlin Cup Double final and almost all the time the receving end choose to receive on the ad court. are they nuts since they're all righties...

As the receiver, what's does the strategy go? do you choose the ad side when you just won a point 40-30 down, starting from ad court help building up confidence.

jt60312
10-16-2005, 07:01 PM
I would also be interested in general strategy for this scoring system because Intramurals at my college are scored this way. Are there some general guidelines/strategies?

ssjkyle31
10-17-2005, 06:48 AM
I would choose the side my opponent loses the most points or the side my opponents has the most difficult side in serving to.

x Southpaw x
10-17-2005, 07:44 AM
They probably chose the ad court coz they know their righty opponents' topspin-slice serve will curve to their right... towards the center of the court rather than spin wide. And... topspin-slice serves are usually the best singles serve.

kevhen
10-17-2005, 08:29 AM
Yes, it may be because the ad returner is the stronger returner or because they server has a good slice serve that will be less effective on the ad side.

I hate this no-ad scoring stuff and play less than 6 games per set. Playing super tiebreaks for 3rd sets is as far as I can stand without the scoring system becoming a complete joke.