PDA

View Full Version : Stiff/Flexible Light/Heavy

Simbah2004
02-26-2004, 09:31 AM
What tennis racquets are better for someone with shoulder problems, stiff or flexible, light or heavy? Thanks!

tnkGod4tns
02-26-2004, 09:55 AM
heavy,flexible,headlight,soft strings,low to mid tension, play with the heaviest racket u can handle without slowing down your swing and without getting late on your shots.

Simbah2004
03-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Thanks... I was wondering if the Pro Staff Original 85 is stiff or flexible...

Eug
03-06-2004, 09:44 PM
I believe its stiff. You can always check the specs of a racquet using TW's racquet finder option.

Ed Lee
03-23-2004, 12:45 PM
In my opinion, the PS 6.0 reminds me of hitting with a 2X4. I've tried so many times to use mine, but I always went back to my other racquets. Although there are stiffer racquets out there, there are several that are more flexible that might help with elbow and shoulder problems. A few that come to mind are Pro Kennex 5G and Volkl C10 Pro. Don't forget the strings....I think gut is the best for the joints but very expensive. A good compromise might be Tecnifibre NRG2 strung on the low end of the racquet's recommended tension range.

Hope this helps.

Ed

brijoel
03-30-2004, 12:25 AM
my 6.0's have always flexed quite a bit and yet still have that firm solid feel. the 6.0's are fairly flexible racquets, but for most people the reason they develope whatever arm or shoulder probs is due to poor form, ie. continuously catching the ball late, thus hitting off center or being forced to have your arm power through the ball and putting extra strain on the body.

PS: eug, the 6.1 is STIFF!!! lol