PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Warranty- Is it worth trying?

arky-tennis
10-17-2005, 07:52 PM
I was serving and my grip slipped and my racquet didn't survive. It cracked halfway up the neck badly. Is it worth calling Dunlop for and asking if the warranty applies? My coach did this with his kennex and his yonex and they gave him a new racquet but do companies replace stupid errors? The racquet looks well used. I have been serving and volleying and the bumper guard is worn out and there are paint chips around there as well. Do ya'll think I have a chance?

Appreciate it,

Daniel

KnowItAll
10-19-2005, 12:45 AM
If the racquet is less than 1 year old I would say you have a chance. Usually the way manufacturers determine if a racquet will be replaced is by how bad the break is. I would say if you have a crack in your frame in more than 1 area the chances of getting the racquet replaced are slim to none.

FiZ
10-19-2005, 04:13 AM
i broke a prince racquet at the handle and i went to the store (*********) to get a refund under warranty. within weeks i got a phone call from ********* and i was able to use 120 dollars in the store on any racquet thanks to the manager. i'd say go for it.