PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Grips

Rick Streeter
02-26-2004, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know anything about Alpha grips. I am thinking about ordering a bucket of them for my HS tennis team. How do they compare to Touragrip??

Rick :?:

Jerry Seinfeld
02-26-2004, 09:27 AM
Rick,

I recall receiving some sample neon yellow alpha overgrips with some string I purchased a while back. I don't recall either loving or despising them. I think they may be a decent value but just a notch below the quality of the Wilson Pro or Yonex SuperGrap. I believe they will outlast the TournaGrip so for a HS team they may be a great value! I think you'll be pleased.

jayserinos99
02-26-2004, 10:19 AM
I had a few gray Alpha grips and they weren't all that special to me as they didn't have much tack at all to begin with. If anything, I think the Tournagrip was better than the Alpha grips. Then again, if it's about pricing, then Alpha is pretty good in that regard.

Match-Point
03-01-2004, 05:26 PM
I just tried a package of the white ALPHA All Player Overgrips and I was very impressed. As good as Yonex and Wilson.

Rocky Top
03-04-2004, 05:50 PM
A lot depends on the type you choose. I used to use their Desert overgrip, which was dry and velvety like TG, and wore about the same. Their tackier grips will probably last longer, but will feel much different. It depends on what your players like I suppose...

chaus
03-16-2004, 11:05 AM
But a bucket of 3 dozen grips last year. Good feel & durability. Also, some great colors. Price was right.