PDA

View Full Version : When is the Flexpoint Prestige coming out?

livthemoment
10-18-2005, 07:12 AM
I thought Head was going to make an annoucement after the US Open about releasing the Flexpoint Radical Prestige.

Do you know what is going on with that racquet?

TW Staff
10-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Looks like April, 2006. Don/Tennis Warehouse

livthemoment
10-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Is there any reason why?

I could guess that since agassi was not playing anything that could be mistaken for a prestige.. that maybe they did not want to come out with it.
but that is simply a guess...

ollinger
10-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Companies don't like to introduce several products simultaneously for fear that sales of one will cannibalize the other, and they like to spread out retooling, distribution and marketing costs over different fiscal years. There's also the issue of plant capacity, since the same plant in China may make racquets for lots of companies and thus may make them in batches rather than producing all different models simultaneously, which may not be feasible. Pharmaceutical companies sometimes do this, stopping production of one type of drug for awhile so they can ramp up production of a drug needed in, say, the winter months. So, Head may make loads of Radicals, then stop early next year so they can switch over to making Prestiges for a period of time.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA FINDERS LOS ANGELES (http://www.dispensaries.org/)

BDAZ
10-18-2005, 04:26 PM
will this thing actually be called the " fp radical prestige" or just "fp prestige"?

TW Staff
10-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Just the Flexpoint Prestige. I'll correct the title. Don/Tennis Warehouse