PDA

View Full Version : Shipping cost on Dampners

SMASHER
10-18-2005, 12:18 PM
I wanted to buy a dampner that was $3.99, but the cheapest shipping was $4.50 I've shipped racquets for close to that amount. So why is shipping so high on product that is so light?

arky-tennis
10-18-2005, 12:19 PM
that's pathetic.. you can mail it for 37 cents!

diredesire
10-18-2005, 10:28 PM
call up CS and see if they can do anything. It is a probability that they can throw it in an envelope and ship it that way. UPS ground isn't the best for small packages.

DX_Psycho
10-18-2005, 11:40 PM
i had to buy my damepner and pay shipping. so i bought overgrips with it. still not worth it cause i spent like 10 dollars and paid 5.75 shipping. oh well. try to save up and buy everything at once to save on shipping

KnowItAll
10-19-2005, 01:42 AM
If you call customer service they can send small items like this and even up to 3 sets of string via regular first class mail. The cost for this shipping is $1.50 and it takes the same amount of time as priority mail.

TW Staff
10-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Well, KnowItAll seems to have a good handle on this... Please call us at 800.883.6647 to work out less expensive shipping options. Don/Tennis Warehouse

SMASHER
10-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks Guys!

DX_Psycho
10-19-2005, 07:17 PM
aww man. if only i knew that before.

SMASHER
10-25-2005, 11:37 AM
I called customer service today to see about a cheaper shipping option for a dampner. The guy who answered the call said that priority mail will cost $4.50 and UPS ground is $5.70 Now I'm back where I started. Is there a magic word or something that I need to use? I really want this dampner but refuse to pay more for shipping than the product. Please Help. Peace!

RiosTheGenius
10-25-2005, 11:46 AM
yeah, the magic word is ...... buy your bloody dampner at your local sports shop and stop being such a pain in the back side.

BreakPoint
10-25-2005, 11:52 AM
I called customer service today to see about a cheaper shipping option for a dampner. The guy who answered the call said that priority mail will cost $4.50 and UPS ground is $5.70 Now I'm back where I started. Is there a magic word or something that I need to use? I really want this dampner but refuse to pay more for shipping than the product. Please Help. Peace!

Ask them to ship it to you via First Class Mail. You can ship up to 13 oz. (including packaging) via FCM. For one dampener, they should be able to stick it inside an envelope and ship it with a 37 cent stamp. Or under $1.00 in any case.

SMASHER
10-25-2005, 05:04 PM
yeah, the magic word is ...... buy your bloody dampner at your local sports shop and stop being such a pain in the back side.
See, people like this is why TW gets a bad name. Am I being a pain in your backside? I think not so just chill out, and if you don't have anything worth reading to post please don't post anything at all. FYI sports shops around me do not carry the new one...I have that much sense! There is too many tough guys that try to get off by writing smart remarks. "Wanksta"

SMASHER
10-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Ask them to ship it to you via First Class Mail. You can ship up to 13 oz. (including packaging) via FCM. For one dampener, they should be able to stick it inside an envelope and ship it with a 37 cent stamp. Or under $1.00 in any case.
Thank you! I'll try tomorrow.

mary fierce
10-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Can't help but wonder why this particular dampener is so special to you? Have you noticed that they're all pretty much a piece of rubber wedged into the strings?

RiosTheGenius
10-25-2005, 05:55 PM
See, people like this is why TW gets a bad name. Am I being a pain in your backside? I think not so just chill out, and if you don't have anything worth reading to post please don't post anything at all. FYI sports shops around me do not carry the new one...I have that much sense! There is too many tough guys that try to get off by writing smart remarks. "Wanksta"
I think you need a hugh.

SMASHER
10-25-2005, 07:31 PM
I think you need a hugh.
My point exactly...What's a "hugh". Much love Genius!

SMASHER
10-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Can't help but wonder why this particular dampener is so special to you? Have you noticed that they're all pretty much a piece of rubber wedged into the strings?
I don't see why my wanting to buy a dampner is bothering you. Yes, I have noticed what a dampner is. Thank you for reminding me. What's it to you. It's my money. So thank you to all the people with the thinking capacity over the age of 10 for your posts and I hope my thread answered some questions other may have had about shipping small items. Peace & Love!

BreakPoint
10-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Thank you! I'll try tomorrow.

You're welcome! BTW, First Class Mail takes the exact amount of time as Priority Mail, since all the mail goes on the same planes.