PDA

View Full Version : Sometime you eat the Bear, sometimes the bear eats you

Ronaldo
05-23-2004, 06:20 PM
Played a USTA League match today in dubs, won the 1st set 6-0, could do no wrong. Was broken 1st and last game 2nd set to lose 6-3. Super-tiebreak was played in conditions resembling the promo for the Day After Tomorrow. Wind, Rain, Clay dust, Pestilence, all we needed was a flood and locusts with the early Ice Age. Won the longest tie-break in my life, the battle of 18-16. Can you say letdown after the 1st set. And I was a sub, never expected to play. Used a racquet for the 1st time ever. Guess you must learn to love the sunshine and rain. But the same hour. Btw, last time I played a league match with the same partner was 15 yrs ago, 7-6,6-7,7-6. Any other strange but true matches from hell? ps, our team won 3-2

hackerman
05-24-2004, 09:59 PM
I also have noticed that it's really hard to win in straight sets with the USTA format. Almost always I end up going into a 3rd set tie break. I don't know if I let up or if they get better!

@wright
05-25-2004, 06:32 AM
I lost in the finals of a doubles tournament after being up 1 set to none and having 5 championship points. What can I say....My partner kept missing his volleys and the ball was kept away from me.l