PDA

View Full Version : How does the POG OS compare to the 20th anniversary????

safins back
02-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Title says it all, but just wondering if they are anything alike? Has anyone hit both? Your reviews will be greatly appreciated!

Benjamin
02-26-2004, 09:01 AM
I have two of the "regular" Prince Original Graphite OS and 1 of the "20th Anniversary" editions.

In my opinion, the 20th ann. feels lighter (although I've never had it measured) and it swings a little lighter in play. Very similar feel, but to me it doesn't feel quite as stable as the regular edition.

If I had to choose one of the two to play with on a regular basis, I would go with the regular edition.

Hope this helped some.

Benjamin

Camilio Pascual
02-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Right now, I have 1 regular POGOStick and 3 20th Anniversary ones, all bought from TW. TW weight matched the 3 20th Anniv. ones to well within 2 gms. of each other. The regular one weighs just barely less than the heaviest one of the 20th Anniv. group. I can't tell any difference between the 4 and don't even have lead tape on any to get the weight to be closer to the same. The matte black on the 20th Anniv. looks cool, but the gold lettering tends to flake a little and fall off. I'm not sure, but I think the 20th Anniv. might have a slightly more rounded shape on the beam edges or it's just my imagination.

safins back
02-26-2004, 10:33 AM
Hi Bejamin or Camilio, are either one of you willing to sell or trade your "original" graphites. I have lots to trade if you would rather trade for them. I am located in North Carolina. Let me know

Camilio Pascual
02-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Safins Back - I've been playtesting racquets in the 11 oz. range this year to see if a slightly stiffer racquet with a lower swingweight might be better for me as I'm aging (I'm 53). The lighter racquets help a bit on my service speed and on ROS against the 2 best servers I play against. But, I don't get as much spin on the serve with the stiffer racquets and do well enough with the POGOStick on ROS with everybody else. I feel like I'm swinging a straw with the lighter racquets and I love the feel of mass, stability, and control the POGOStick gives. I suspect I will stick with the POGOStick. If I don't, I'll keep my regular one and sell the 3 20th Anniv. A tip on finding some, ask coaches & older people in tennis clubs and tennis stores. I get a lot of "I used to play with that" comments from them and some of them still have them in their closet/basement. good luck with your quest!