PDA

View Full Version : huh? I'm confused???

bc-05
05-24-2004, 03:10 AM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dober4.htm << read that !!

I'm confused!! in the article it said that in order to gain muscles and to have you body toned you have to increase your calorie diet and also to eat 4-6 six times a day and also to eat in the middle of the night??? And i've been told by many people since I was little that in order to stay in shape you are not allowed to eat during night times??? Can you explain to me which one is right?? Thank you!

axle
05-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Eating 4-6x a day is better for maintaining blood sugar levels, preventing extreme peaks and valleys in your energy level. This does not mean eating 6 big-macs a day. The whole idea is to eat smaller portions more frequently. You still need to eat your recommended caloric intake, and you still need to balance your fat/carb/protein intake. I am currently on a fairly strict routine where I eat 5 meals a day. My meals are chosen carefully in order to maximize my energy level. I run 30+ miles a week, bike 100+ mi/wk, and swim 4+mi/wk so I need a higher caloric intake than a normal person, ~4k cal/day. If a non active person ate the same 4k calories a day that I do they would probably gain a lot of weight (and obviously a lot of them do!).

As far as eating at night? This depends on your goals. For 99.9% of the adult population there is no need to wake yourself up and eat a meal.

Unless you are a competitive bodybuilder, I would stay clear of advice you read targeted at bodybuilders. They have unique circumstances and their training techniques typically donít pertain to other athletes.