PDA

View Full Version : Site Getting Slow Again?

dancraig
10-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Is it just me, or is the message board site getting slow and glitchy again?
Thanks for the site.

louis netman
10-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Not intending to be disrespectful or ungrateful, but this thing is waaay slow even with DSL. At first I thought it was my server, but then I discovered everything else was lightning quick compared to this site...

doriancito
10-21-2005, 07:29 PM
the forum version was upgraded not long ago, it will take some time until the servers render 100% again

Lakoste
10-21-2005, 08:22 PM
I use a T1 connection and this site still goes slower than the other sites i view, the forums were going quite fast there for a while (I thought the disabling Creation Date did the trick), but now it's going back to the good ol' board;)

the forum version was upgraded not long ago, it will take some time until the servers render 100% again

100% again? when was the last time it was working at 100%?

POGO
10-21-2005, 08:31 PM
I think Don or Chris are hosting counter strike using the messageboard server :)

doriancito
10-21-2005, 09:13 PM
I use a T1 connection and this site still goes slower than the other sites i view, the forums were going quite fast there for a while (I thought the disabling Creation Date did the trick), but now it's going back to the good ol' board;)

100% again? when was the last time it was working at 100%?

well, 99% then! but they take time, if you use your computer every day for 1 hour, sotp using it for 2 days and then turn it on on the third day it will be slower since it ahs to remember the things it has, and no chanegs have been made of hardware

doriancito
10-21-2005, 09:14 PM
I think Don or Chris are hosting counter strike using the messageboard server :)
you can do that?

POGO
10-21-2005, 09:19 PM
you can do that?
sure you can. Long time ago when I was in college, I use to host Quake Team Fortress on my desktop computer. People would join in and play, had about 50+ people playing on my computer while I surf the web and type up my term papers. I would lag big time as more people join in and slow down the computer. This was when Pentium II 333mhz was the fastest computer hahahhahahah.

So yes, you can host a game on your computer and do your regular routine, but it can slow down your computer and lag your latency.

nViATi
10-21-2005, 10:04 PM
well, 99% then! but they take time, if you use your computer every day for 1 hour, sotp using it for 2 days and then turn it on on the third day it will be slower since it ahs to remember the things it has, and no chanegs have been made of hardware
Nope.

doriancito
10-22-2005, 08:22 AM
sure you can. Long time ago when I was in college, I use to host Quake Team Fortress on my desktop computer. People would join in and play, had about 50+ people playing on my computer while I surf the web and type up my term papers. I would lag big time as more people join in and slow down the computer. This was when Pentium II 333mhz was the fastest computer hahahhahahah.

So yes, you can host a game on your computer and do your regular routine, but it can slow down your computer and lag your latency.

no, what i mean is if you can host a game using this server, tt.tennis....com without you being the owner

Lakoste
10-22-2005, 09:54 AM
no, what i mean is if you can host a game using this server, tt.tennis....com without you being the owner

hmmm... i always thought Chris/Don/TW were the owners of the server, so technically they could host CS;)

Frodo Baggins
10-22-2005, 10:52 AM
The Reason The site is slow -Somedays an not others is depending on the amount of traffic.(Don't you just hate traffic jams)?Gridlock here to there!!! Very Annoying..( By traffic=Ammount of users that are on at one time).Hope this clears everything up for you..See you on the road Soldier;)*Come on Come on Outta the way Hobbit coming through>Beep,beep!!!

doriancito
10-22-2005, 11:12 AM
hmmm... i always thought Chris/Don/TW were the owners of the server, so technically they could host CS;)
they are the owners?

rfederer32291
10-22-2005, 11:32 AM
That would be pretty awesome tho.

doriancito
10-22-2005, 11:41 AM
i prefer medal of honor

SageOfDeath
10-22-2005, 11:58 AM
There are so many users on the website I wouldn't worry too much about a little lag. You should worry when you can't type a complaint because its that slow.