PDA

View Full Version : can i restring a demo racquet?

DX_Psycho
10-22-2005, 12:03 PM
the strings feel bad and i woud like to restring the frame. is this allowed? i could see why it's not for fear of racquet distortion or improper stringing technique, but i can't really thoroughly demo the racquet without seeing if the problem lies in the string/tension or what.

Deuce
10-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Obviously, you should ask the store you got the demo from, as only they can answer this question.

nViATi
10-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Obviously, you should ask the store you got the demo from, as only they can answer this question.
Since he posted this in the TW Questions/Comments section he is most likely demo-ing it from TW and is asking them.

DX_Psycho
10-22-2005, 10:19 PM
yes. i demo'd it from TW.

Deuce
10-23-2005, 01:18 AM
Since he posted this in the TW Questions/Comments section he is most likely demo-ing it from TW and is asking them.

Yeah... that makes sense.

Sorry - most of the time, I have no idea what section of the boards I'm in.

TW Staff
10-23-2005, 07:28 AM
Give us a call and we'll get a replacement demo out to you ASAP.
We prefer to replace demos rather than have customers get them strung.

Thanks,
Chris, TW.

DX_Psycho
10-23-2005, 02:07 PM
i called and someone said i could buy strings and restring it myself. i told them you said that you didn't like customers restringing the demo racquets but she said you guys usually don't but i could for this. so can i go through with the restringing?

TW Staff
10-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Sorry for the miscommunication. Our policy is as I stated earlier. It ensures our demos are strung to a specific tension with a specific string. The only reason I can think one of our customer service representatives offered you this option would be that we are out of replacement demos for that specific racquet.

Go ahead and give us another call and we will send out a replacement demo and allow for any missed demo time by readjusting the due back date.

Chris, TW.

DX_Psycho
10-24-2005, 06:22 PM
actually i spent a few more days playing with it with the string it came with. i just think it's the frame. a bit too light for me. the strings are broken now so i'll just return it on wednesday. i haven't played with the other racquets as much. thanks for the offer htough.