PDA

View Full Version : Ignore Thread Feature

NoBadMojo
10-22-2005, 02:44 PM
aye TW,
Is there an 'ignore thread' feature avalable for the board? I think it would be good to not be able to see certain threads. Thanks

TW Staff
10-24-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm not aware of such a feature but will check with Jon.

Chris, TW

ClemsonTennis9
10-24-2005, 04:18 PM
what would be on this thread?

admin_old
10-24-2005, 08:57 PM
aye TW,
Is there an 'ignore thread' feature avalable for the board? I think it would be good to not be able to see certain threads. Thanks

Are you referring to a thread you posted, or participated in, and you no longer wish to be 'subscribed' to the thread? If so, then yes, you can unsubscribe via the user CP. If you wish to ignore threads you have not participated in then I am not aware of such a feature. I think the best you can do is ignore users, which is administered through the User CP (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/usercp.php).

Thanks, jon

NoBadMojo
10-25-2005, 06:48 AM
thank you for the responses..i'll make due..no biggie..

IceNineTX
06-21-2008, 10:16 AM
thank you for the responses..i'll make due..no biggie..

Ok, this is an old thread, but I have wanted this feature for a while. There is an add-on to ignore a thread for vBulletin.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127487

There may be more for all I know. If there is still interest, I think it's worth checking out what is available now. I'd like to see it.

BreakPoint
06-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Wouldn't it be just as easy to just not click on any threads that you're not interested in? :confused:

IceNineTX
06-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Wouldn't it be just as easy to just not click on any threads that you're not interested in? :confused:

It's just a simple feature. When you hit "new posts", a lot of the same ones keep coming up that someone may not care about and clutters things up. Not sure your situation, but at work, it would make it easier to wade through posts.

It was important enough for people to want it, someone to write it, etc, so I'm not the only one.

You may not use it and that's cool too.

BreakPoint
06-21-2008, 11:00 AM
I see. I never even knew there was a "New Posts" feature as I've never used it. I just look at each forum and scan for threads that I'm interested in. :)

SFrazeur
06-21-2008, 11:04 AM
General note: Threads are like potato chips, when your the one constantly smacking on them you can't hear the awful sound.

-SF

IceNineTX
06-21-2008, 11:08 AM
I see. I never even knew there was a "New Posts" feature as I've never used it. I just look at each forum and scan for threads that I'm interested in. :)

Yeah, "new posts" just lets you scan all the new ones by order of posting. It's a time saver. It's all I use after finding it.