PDA

View Full Version : Australian Cricket Fans Watch Out !!!!!!!!

Feņa14
05-24-2004, 01:30 PM
I saw England test match against New Zealand and we were on fire!!

The Aussies seem to struggle against the Kiwi's and we whooped 'em.

Nasser's century was awesome and I hope he doesn't retire, Strauss is amazing and thats all without Vaughan our captain.

Put Anderson in and we got a team!!

This Ashes is going to be the best and I think it will be played against the 2 best teams in the world at this moment in time.

Bring it on Aussies!!!!!!

Liam

ProStaffTour90
05-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Anderson :shock:

He's absolute dog turd! Well out of his depth at test level!

Agree with everything else though, we got some quality knockers with Tresco,
Strauss,
Nasser,
Vaughan,
Thorpe (GOD),
Freddie (Assistant GOD),
and now Jones aswell, who'll probably be at 8 when Vaughan's back!!! Top class batters right down to number eight!

And now finally we've got an half decent bowling attack! Jones looked top notch, he was the only one who really got some reverse swing going for him, and of course Fred, Hoggard and Harmison!

We just need an half decent spinner to really trouble the Aussies!

James Brown
05-24-2004, 03:43 PM
so yeah, guys...im canadian, so i got the hockey gene and not the cricket one, i think the sport is interesting but way too freakin long....so..whats with the cricket obsession...can you explain it to me? Thanks in advance ^_^

ProStaffTour90
05-25-2004, 02:24 PM
Well i'm from Yorkshire so i HAVE to like cricket, the one-dayer's would be much more your cup of tea, much quicker and exciting (especially the new 20-20 format)

But i have no problems with watchin every ball of a five-day test, i've only ever been bored with a couple!
It's just because it's one of the most tactical sports in the world, so much strategy involved it's more like a mini-war between two nations than a sport!

I LOVE IT!

Feņa14
05-26-2004, 11:35 AM
I've played since I was 5 and have played for the county staffordshire for 4 years. PSTour 90, what player are you? I am an off spin bowler an number 8 batsmen.

PSTour90 was right with his comments and I am going to Trent Bridge for the test.

Last time I went a female police women got punched! we were blowing jonnys up and seeing if we could propell them onto the pitch past the boundary! Ashley Giles was passing them back to us and was more interested in us than the match! We were playin keepy uppy with a beach ball and a man looked like Robbie Savage, we were singing "there's only one Robbie Savage". The whole stand joined in and we all went as the 118 men.

Happy days, I was pi$$ed at lunch time by several carlings.

And they say Test Cricket is boring!!!!

Liam

@wright
05-26-2004, 01:17 PM
Come again?

ProStaffTour90
05-26-2004, 02:16 PM
:lol: it's a british thing @wright!

Yep Watching the Cricket is only about 4th on the list of "things to do" when you actually go to a match! It's quality!

I'm a No. 4 bat, sometimes dabble in abit of finger spin, but only when desperate!

I've represented Hull District but nothing at County Level!

chad shaver
05-26-2004, 07:46 PM
I actually enjoy watching cricket, and I'm a Yank. Problem is that we don't get to see much on TV in the US. Fox Sports World will occasionally broadcast a bit, but not as much as I would like.

I have to admit ignorance about a lot of the rules and nuances, but I do find it fascinating to watch.

Feņa14
05-27-2004, 10:24 AM
I heard on Soccer AM that they are making a cricket league in America.

Shame Nasser decided to retire :cry:

Cricket is an amazing sport and even better for a bowler, I hate batting because if you get out first ball then your game is over.

But with bowling you always get another chance.

The Lancashire spinner Keady looks like he could do well with his left hand finger spin.

Great game imo.

-Liam

K!ck5w3rvE
07-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Man you Poms suck. Even Tasmania would beat you easily. Hang on, Tasmania Z would beat you by an innings. hang on, my rep team would flog you no questions asked. Spose, my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather's coffin cricket team would beat the Poms. "Hey doctor, I can't catch, I can't bowl, I can't bat and I can't throw." 'Thats serious. You better have an appointment with me tomorrow morning.'"Nah I can't doc, I'm playing for England tomorrow."

Feņa14
07-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Ok then Daniel, Ashes next year and lets see what happens.

We have an equally as good wicket keeper now, and we have Flintoff and the best bowler at the moment in the world with Harmison.

We also have the fastest bowlers like: Anderson, Flintoff, Jones.

It will be interesting, the two best test teams in the world at the moment for sure.

-Liam

Aus Mosis
07-02-2004, 09:49 PM
HAHAHAHA i can't believe the absurdity of this discussion. The Aussies would absouloutley wallop the poms, no question, hahaha this is funny even reading about this. BTW
"Q: What do you call Glenn Mcgrath in England?
A: An all rounder"

Feņa14
07-03-2004, 07:48 AM
LOL why would a cricketer like Shane Warne take drugs? All he needs to do is stretch his fingers, clever bloke.

Didn't he say his mom gave them him? :lol:

I will look forward to the Ashes and I think that you might be surprised.

-Liam

K!ck5w3rvE
07-04-2004, 02:52 AM
Oh Liam. I'm quaking in fear. "Ashes next year and lets see what happens"....you better make sure that you watch the first day of each test because otherwise you'll miss it. You have an equally good w/keeper now....not as good as Gilchrist, and I bet his batting average isn't over 50. You have the fastest bowlers.....wow, and if they could bowl on the pitch you might even get a dot ball. And "the two best test teams in the world at the moment for sure".....well your half right, Australia is easily the best in the world, then South Africa, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimababwe, Bangladesh, Canada, France, Germany, Russia, USA, Netherlands, Samoa, Brazil.......etc.......and then England.

Phil
07-04-2004, 01:48 PM
HAHAHAHA i can't believe the absurdity of this discussion. The Aussies would absouloutley wallop the poms, no question, hahaha this is funny even reading about this. BTW

This kid Liam has over 600 posts, and yet, hasn't made a SINGLE intelligent comment or contribution to this board. Saying "England is great, yada, yada, yada" in every other post is the highest form of insecurity, not to mention idiocy. England is NOT great, in anything, anymore. One lucky win in rugby, after LOSING the cup for SO MANY YEARS will, I guess, keep the English bragging for the next 3 years, but that's a blip on the English sports scene. Year in and year out they LOSE to smaller nations in sports that they INVENTED. Let's see how many medals the Brits win in the Olympics...they usually win about half or less of Australia's total-and Australia has 1/3 the population.

Roger Federer has won more Grand Slams this year than England has in the last 35 years, or, if you include just MEN, about 65 years.

Feņa14
07-04-2004, 02:58 PM

This kid Liam has over 600 posts, and yet, hasn't made a SINGLE intelligent comment or contribution to this board. Saying "England is great, yada, yada, yada" in every other post is the highest form of insecurity, not to mention idiocy. England is NOT great, in anything, anymore. One lucky win in rugby, after LOSING the cup for SO MANY YEARS will, I guess, keep the English bragging for the next 3 years, but that's a blip on the English sports scene. Year in and year out they LOSE to smaller nations in sports that they INVENTED. Let's see how many medals the Brits win in the Olympics...they usually win about half or less of Australia's total-and Australia has 1/3 the population.

Roger Federer has won more Grand Slams this year than England has in the last 35 years, or, if you include just MEN, about 65 years.

I didn't post that quote in your post.

England were the best team in the rugby World cup and went in as favourites and they were number 1. We would of been disappointed not to win.

Whats wrong with Patriotism? Rule Britannia!!

-Liam

Aus Mosis
07-05-2004, 05:41 PM
What's wrong with my quote, i thought my Glenn Mcgrath joke was pretty tops, and im an aussie! I don't see how my post reflected british patriotism in anyway, could you explain phil?