PDA

View Full Version : University of Pittsburgh and tennis

mattlikovich
02-26-2004, 11:27 AM
UoP doesn't have a men's tennis team. I am either going there next year or Ohio Northern University to study pharmacy. ONU has a team, so I'm okay there. Does anyone here go to Pitt and know where to play? Are there lots of local clubs that arent far and you can play good players all the time? Or does anyone live in the area and know whats up with the pitt area and tennis??

thanks, Matt

aceindahole2K5
02-26-2004, 02:02 PM
yo man, rock on at ONU.....thats a nice school, i lived in Ada for 10 years and am considering seriously going back to ONU in 2005. I hit with the guys on the team during a visit this fall, they all seemed cool. ONU has a sweet pharm program as well. good luck with the choice

nathan crosby
02-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Matt, I live in the city and know a number of great palces to play, my club included. Post me back your e-mail or AIM sn and I will talk to you more abotu it

Phil
02-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Two words, Matt: Schenley Park. A 15-min. walk from the Pitt campus-13 pristine courts, recently resurfaced.

mattlikovich
02-26-2004, 05:45 PM
my sn is likey12 nathan, thanks

saeta119
03-01-2004, 11:31 AM
so you want to play in pittsburgh? well here are some details regarding tennis and where to play.

The closest place is schenley park, you can just walk from campus and it's about 1 mile or 1 1/2. 13 courts (hard court) surface is great, just have to deal with the wind from time to time and it can be noisy when you have people playing soccer or running around the oval. It's a great place to play, during the summer they have the lights on, but it's not that great, then again it's free :)
The players you'll find there rank from -1 to 4.5, quite rarely you'll find a 5.0 or + there, and more than likely they already have a partner, but it's a great place to get to know people, you have a regular crowd there, very sociable.
Then if you need to be more competitive you'll need to join a club, you got some options, the oxford club (east or west) and Mt. Lebanon, they usually train people for junior tournaments. so they are good, plus within the club they tend to organize tournaments quite often.
There are more places to play but usually are empty. Now if you want to find more people to play with around pittsburgh, there are some websites with players directories and a couple of ladders here and there.

Chemist
02-05-2013, 05:40 AM
Heard a rumor recently that University of Pittsburgh is going to bring the mens tennis team back after joining ACC. Can anybody confirm this?