PDA

View Full Version : Stringway Stringing Machines

Rafter4ever
05-24-2004, 09:11 PM
Anyone familiar with their machines at all ?

www.stringway.com/start.html

They look fancy but probably cost $$$$..... :shock:

Deuce
05-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Stringway and LaserFibre are the same.

sherpa78
05-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Yep, in the US, you can go to www.laserfibre.com/index.html

They are pretty pricey, but I look at it as an investment. These machines will become classics and are such a joy to use. I've begun stringing for other people on my Single Action clamp MS200TT.

I would recommend the MS200TT, wholeheartedly. I believe if you get the model with single-action clamps, it is close to $900 w/ $80 rebate on future purchases. I believe the double-action clamps are about $150 cheaper (just a guess). I got mine, barely used, for $750, and I took full advantage of the reduced price and couldn't be happier.

Good luck, man!

Sherpa78

topspin
05-25-2004, 11:44 PM
Rafter, these are excellent machines. I also own the MS200TT and recommend it 100%. Stringway is the manufacturer in Holland and Laserfibre is the U.S.A. distributor.

Rafter4ever
05-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Thanks guys,

I called Laserfibre today and spoke to one of their rep. I was very impressed with their customer service.

Sherpa and Topspin,

I used a Estringer the last 4 years and I am wondering if I will ever get used to the drop weight of TT ?? :roll:

Do you guys find it easier to use than an eletronic machine ??

5.0 TopDog
05-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Yep,,it will be easier and possibly faster. It's absolutely worth the investment...I've personally have the DX model on the way It's the Big Dog of the manual line-up...I'm just bragging....

sherpa78
05-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Rafter4ever,
As I've only used an ATS SSII prior to my MS200TT and have never strung on an electronic machine , I may not be the best source for making that judgement call. All I can tell you is that, with the MS200TT, stringing is pure joy. It's so easy. And, you know this machine will last a loooooooong time. The thing is built military-grade.

Personally, I don't think I'd want an electronic stringer. I like avoiding things that are complicated to fix when they break down.

Good luck with your decision, man. You're in a good predicament. :)

Wiping drool off my face,
Sherpa78

Rafter4ever
05-29-2004, 08:49 AM
Sherpa78,

Can you briefly explain the procedure to string using the MS 200TT. The rep. told me that the bar is always at the 2o'clock position. Do you pull the bar after inserting the string and let it drop freely until the desired tension is reach ?

Thanks

sherpa78
05-31-2004, 11:15 AM
Rafter4Ever,
The procedure is very simple. The bar is always at the 2 o'clock position, instead of the 4-5 o'clock position of lesser drop-weights. To insert the string, simply push bar slightly forward (towards 1 o'clock). This forward movement of the bar, opens up the string gripper. You slide the string through this, pull the slack out of the strings a little, then slowly drop the bar. The string gripper "senses" that it's holding a string, so it allows for the bar to drop past the starting 2 o'clock position. Granted that the bar doesn't max out (i.e. hit the metal stopper), then that string is tensioned. If it does max out, just repeat. But, if you take out sufficient slack prior to dropping the bar, you will very, very *rarely* have to re-pull. Easy peasy, huh?

Does this all make sense?

Hope this helps,
Sherpa78