PDA

View Full Version : cracked prokennex

Gimpy
10-25-2005, 07:11 PM
yes i bought a prokennex ionic 5x and have had it for about 2 months now at the most and when i was playing i hit a volley and the frame cracked right above the grip?

can i get a replacement free of charge

TW Staff
10-26-2005, 11:40 AM
If you purchased the racquet at TW then ship it back to us and we will get the replacement process started. If you purchased the racquet elsewhere, either contact the retailer or ProKennex at 877-477-6536 or via www.prokennex.com.

TW racquet return policy:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/custservice/racquet.html

Return address:
Tennis Warehouse
Attn: Returns
747 Buckley Road
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

Further questions: 1.800.883.6647 or post here

Chris, TW.

Gimpy
10-26-2005, 08:26 PM
i dont have the rest of the racquet. it broke and i just left it on the courts b/c i was so mad and when i came back later it was gone does this matter?

nViATi
10-26-2005, 08:29 PM
i dont have the rest of the racquet. it broke and i just left it on the courts b/c i was so mad and when i came back later it was gone does this matter?
So you don't have the racquet at all? I don't think they would replace it in that case. For all they know you could just be pretending that you broke it to get a free racquet.

EgYpTiAnMaTT91
10-26-2005, 08:35 PM
So you don't have the racquet at all? I don't think they would replace it in that case. For all they know you could just be pretending that you broke it to get a free racquet.

I think he's trying to say that he broke part of the racquet off and he doesn't have that part that broke off.

Gimpy
10-26-2005, 08:50 PM
yes that is correct i have the whole head of the raquet it broke at the v below the head right before the grip

snoflewis
10-26-2005, 09:00 PM
i doubt you'll get a replacement if you dont have the grip because you couldve (im not saying htat you did) broken the frame on purpose by samshing the grip and just send in the head (which obviously has no structural damage except at the throat). if you can, you should try to go back and find the grip....i

dancraig
10-26-2005, 09:03 PM
I think the racquet manufactorer does a little investigation to determine if the racquet broke because of defect or because of abuse. They might say that they need the entire racquet to find the probable reason for the break.

I had a friend that sent back a Wilson frame for replacement. They returned it saying it broke because of abuse. He sent it to another Wilson office that handles appeals. I wrote a note saying that I was with him when it broke and that I witnessed no abuse at the time of the crack(happened after a big overhead). They changed their original ruling and sent a new racquet.

You might have better odds with a company that is not as widely known, like ProKennex. I think the smaller names are more likely to go the extra mile to please and keep customers.

Gimpy
11-02-2005, 07:20 PM
tw please reply and tell me if i need the handle

DX_Psycho
11-02-2005, 10:09 PM
why would you ask for a replacement and not keep the handle?

though i do think it's pretty hard to break a racquet striaght across the grip.

BreakPoint
11-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I tend to also think they would need the entire racquet to be able to determine how the racquet broke.