PDA

View Full Version : admin - Why can't we delete threads that we've created?

BreakPoint
10-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Sometimes people mistakingly post the same thread 2 or 3 times due to their connection or computer or just clicking submit too many times. Sometimes a thread got posted before the poll was created for some reason when you click the back button to correct something in the post and then go forward to create the poll, like what just happened to me. Sometimes you forget an option in the poll, but you can neither make changes in the poll nor delete the thread and start over even when nobody has voted in the poll yet.

Anyway, I think it gets frustrating not being able to delete our own threads (like we were able to do on the old board) nor to edit our own polls (once created). :(

TW Staff
10-26-2005, 11:23 AM
At this time there is no way for users to delete posts or edit polls. In the instance that you have a double post or incorrect poll, please email discussadmin@tennis-warehouse(dot)com and we will delete the double post. However, we cannot edit polls, but can delete an incorrect one which could then be replaced by the user with a correct poll.

Chris, TW

BreakPoint
10-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Thanks, Chris.

Would you mind deleting this thread then? http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=73533

This was when I tried to back up while creating the poll and the thread got submitted before I added the poll for some odd reason.

Thanks.

TW Staff
10-26-2005, 12:31 PM
The thread has been deleted.

Chris, TW.

equinox
10-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Chris.. So people can just submit threads they want to be deleted?

kewl.

TW Staff
10-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Yes, in the case of a double post we will remove one of them.

Chris, TW.