PDA

View Full Version : Did Fed change String Patterns ?

oiler90
10-26-2005, 08:13 PM
From what I have read about Poly stringing and the way Fed strings his frames, he used to have Poly in the mains and gut in the crosses. But now it looks as if he has reversed this.. I also saw in Racquet Sports Industry Mag that he and Hewitt both put the Gut in the Mains and the poly in the crosses.

Can someone tell me with absolute certainty if this is true ? And if so, what is the purpose of this ?

nViATi
10-26-2005, 08:21 PM
From what I have read about Poly stringing and the way Fed strings his frames, he used to have Poly in the mains and gut in the crosses. But now it looks as if he has reversed this.. I also saw in Racquet Sports Industry Mag that he and Hewitt both put the Gut in the Mains and the poly in the crosses.

Can someone tell me with absolute certainty if this is true ? And if so, what is the purpose of this ?
To get more gutlike properties.

oiler90
10-27-2005, 06:21 AM
Makes sense to me, because I definitely get more feel.

ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS: TRY THIS HYBRID IF YOU HAVENT DONE IT YET. It plays wonderful if you like the spin potential of poly. Check out my specs on my signature to get a feel for how I do mine, then tweak it with your favorite poly/syn gut/or gut hybrid. I feel the most important part is dropping the poly tension to maintain the feel and playability of it.