PDA

View Full Version : POG vs Triple Threat Graphite

BillH
02-26-2004, 12:54 PM
I don't know why, but I thought Ferrero, Coria, Nalbandian, etc had been using the POG prior to the NXG prototype. Just found out that they used the Triple Threat Graphite. How do these racquets compare as far as playability?

Camilio Pascual
02-26-2004, 01:04 PM
The TT Graphite has less mass and a higher swingweight than the POGOStick. It is a racquet that just does not make sense to me, they managed to make it both less stable and less manueverable than the POGOStick. It has a touch more power, often useless because it has much less control. I hit with the OS and MP out of curiousity. The OS did feel very solid and comfortable on shots hit in the sweet spot and I could see where a power baseliner with good control and time to set up might prefer it from the backcourt.

python
02-26-2004, 01:04 PM
They used TT Graphite paintjobs, not the actual frame.

BillH
02-26-2004, 01:07 PM
Python - POG with TT Graphite paintjob?

python
02-26-2004, 01:41 PM
As been mentioned on the old board, I recall Coria and Nalbandian using the Prince Longbody Graphite underneath the paintjob. (100 inch head, 28 inches long). I think Ferrero used the same stick, but I don't remember myself.

Supposedly Ferrero really switched to the NXT Graphite MP, but I'm sure we'll get the scoop sooner or later from one of the pro stringers that are kind enough to regale us with their stories.

AAAA
02-26-2004, 03:23 PM
So TT Graphite is 'POG' with paint-job and the POGs are tour spec frames with POG paintjobs.

auckzee
02-26-2004, 05:02 PM
BHUD- I have TT Graphite mid in excellent condition 5/8 grip FS posted at TW if interested.

auckzee@sc.rr.com

miguelcoletta
02-26-2004, 05:43 PM
just look at the crossbar from ferrero´s racquet...it has a totally different shape. If you compare it to the nxg you will notice the difference

Rocky Top
02-26-2004, 07:46 PM
POG vs Triple Threat Graphite

Good lord, that's like saying "Beethoven's 5th vs Chopsticks, which is a better tune?"

As has been stated above, Coria, Ferrero & Co. use paintjobs of the 100 sq in POG MP Longbody which was available for a time in Europe. They sported a TTG paintjob until late last year, when they went to the black (now silver and green) NXG cosmetics.

Takumi Fujiwara - 02:31am Jan 11, 2004 PST (#11 of 15)
Yes, in Sydney Ferrero is using a cosmetic of the upcoming Prince Tour NXGraphite denoted as an "oversize", and it is a very sexy cosmetic indeed.. He also still has some racquets with the black experimental cosmetic.

The TTG (in particular the MP) was awful; they somehow found a way to make a lighter frame less manuverable than the original, without all that stability and comfort that people hate. RIP...